Ames, most boring place in Iowa

Apparently, you have never been to Keota before. Nice people, but in terms of excitement, ranks right up there with reading the Todd Lickliter guide to offense.

Yeah, but that water...

images

Most small towns anywhere are boring. And yes, in the grand scheme of things, Ames is a pretty small town. But boring isn’t always bad. Just whatever fits for someone.

Last edited:
Was in Ames Thursday for a training, stopped by Hickory Park for lunch, the amount of people over 70 moving in and out of the restaurant was staggering

Ames...”a great place to kick the bucket”

Most small towns anywhere are boring. And yes, in the grand scheme of things, Ames is a pretty small town. But boring isn’t always bad. Just whatever fits for someone.
Even small towns have the inter-webs now. The world comes to your couch.

No better example of Ames mediocrity than the worship of Hickory Park. Locals rave about this place like it should be featured on the Food Network. It's...at best...an average bbq restaurant. I turn out better stuff on my deck.

As the saying goes... In the land of the blind...the one-eyed man is king.

Last edited:
I remember when the small Iowa town I lived in got a McDonald's. I had just come home on leave from the military and every where I would go, people who I thought were somewhat sophisticated and worldly kept telling me, "we have a McDonald's now!"

Of course every time the life flight helicopter came in a crowd would form to watch it land.

I remember when the small Iowa town I lived in got a McDonald's. I had just come home on leave from the military and every where I would go, people who I thought were somewhat sophisticated and worldly kept telling me, "we have a McDonald's now!"

Of course every time the life flight helicopter came in a crowd would form to watch it land.

small town perspective. Making it big time when you get the McDonalds. Came from a small town and can't stand most fast food places any more. Mostly terrible food.

The sixty's were great! The McDonalds back then were a lot different than they are today. Women weren't allowed to work there. Imagine that! My how times have changed.

The sixty's were great! The McDonalds back then were a lot different than they are today. Women weren't allowed to work there. Imagine that! My how times have changed.

Hey they are bringing back fresh beef at McDonalds. I didn't realize fresh or frozen tasted that much different, but they must be losing business. Still remember Clara Peller (spelling) and "Where's the beef!?!?!" for Wendys

Latest posts