Ames in action vs. Waukegan (IL) on ESPN

2009 Ames High = best Iowa high school basketball team of all time. Went to the game and they were unstoppable inside and out. Good luck to the rest of the state in trying to stay within 20 points of this team.

Am I the only one who thinks Barnes is lazy and not playing a lick of D? They keep pumping him up as the hardest working player ever. He's got all the talent in the world and the other team is making him look kinda silly on some of these plays. Sometimes looks like once he's beat he tries to back away so it doesn't look like he was the one who got beat. Maybe it just stands out like crazy because they keep pimping him like no other and I am mainly watching him more than anyone else obviously.

I thought that at first too, but as I think it looks that way because he's so relaxed when he plays. The game just comes to him extremely naturally, it's all instinct. With the work ethic they were talking about during the game, he's going to be incredible with the coaching Roy Williams is going to give him.

WRONG! He had 5 or more steals man...and a double double...definitely not lazy...every party needs a pooper, thats why we invited you

He can jump a foot higher than anyone else there he should be getting double digits rebounds.

As for the 5 steals, yeah you can say he's a great defender because he used his length to poke away several passes for fast breaks, but that's what he should be doing.

It was moreso in the first half than the 2nd half, if you go back and watch, he got beat by his man more than a couple times. Nobody noticed it because they were too busy drooling. It was a worse love fest than Favre. I was glad to see McDermott getting some love, it was actually kinda funny when they brought it up and said well if you didn't know any background info coming in, you might think McDermott was the better player after watching some of the game.

2009 Ames High = best Iowa high school basketball team of all time. Went to the game and they were unstoppable inside and out. Good luck to the rest of the state in trying to stay within 20 points of this team.

There have been a lot of really good teams over the years and to say a 4-0 team is the best among them is kind of a stretch this early in the season.

I was really bummed that the crowd for that high school game was bigger and more enthusiastic than anything CHA has seen all year.

Agreed. I'm only 28, so my historical frame of reference is not as good as some of you. But I was blown away by how good Ames looked last night. Even aside from Barnes, McDermott really impressed me a lot and has the skill set and potential to be a very good player in the Missouri Valley for a darn good UNI team. The other 3 starters were all very good high school basketball players too. They are certainly the best high school team I've ever seen.

Agreed. I'm only 28, so my historical frame of reference is not as good as some of you. But I was blown away by how good Ames looked last night. Even aside from Barnes, McDermott really impressed me a lot and has the skill set and potential to be a very good player in the Missouri Valley for a darn good UNI team. The other 3 starters were all very good high school basketball players too. They are certainly the best high school team I've ever seen.

Webber could go play in college too..

There have been a lot of really good teams over the years and to say a 4-0 team is the best among them is kind of a stretch this early in the season.

Do you remember that they also ran the table last year with essentially the same team? I have to agree on the best team ever. They have the #1 recruit in the COUNTRY, which has never happened in Iowa. And, if you took him off the team, they would probably still compete for the state title.

I guess I could change my mind if somebody could tell me a team that was better.

Latest posts