Alvarez: Playing Big 10 Title Game Outside Too Risky

Does Barry Alvarez have a larger role with the Big Ten than simply being associated with the University of Wisconsin? It seems that whenever these questions come up about how the Big Ten should operate moving forward Alvarez is at the front of the line and in front of a mic running his mouth.

He's the same guy jumping up and down trying to start an imaginary rivalry with Nebraska that really has no common sense purpose of existing. He wanted Nebraska vs. Wisconsin to be a yearly last game of the Big Ten season meeting. I'm really fed up with Barry Alvarez.

Did I mention that our group that goes to the games ran into him last week at Kinnick before the game in his ugly red jacket and he didn't even acknowledge our group of Hawkeye fans just trying to say hello? He didn't seem like a very personable guy. Just kept his head down and kept walking.

You too?
We walked 3 feet away from him going into the stadium as he was getting in the elevator to go up to the pressbox. That jacket was too dark of a red and he's gotten even fatter since he quit coaching.

He's certainly not a well dressed man, a good looking man, or a friendly man. Other than that he may be an okay guy.

I would think a lifetime of 80 hour work weeks centered on a complicated violent sport could take a toll on one's appearance and personality.

I wouldn't make any judgements about him based on that experience. Why would he want to mix with a bunch of drunken Iowa proles before the game. I'm sure it was nothing personal.

Hey, that's pretty presumptuous of you to assume we were a bunch of drunken Iowa fans just hollering at him.....but you are pretty much spot on.

Does Barry Alvarez have a larger role with the Big Ten than simply being associated with the University of Wisconsin? It seems that whenever these questions come up about how the Big Ten should operate moving forward Alvarez is at the front of the line and in front of a mic running his mouth.

He's the same guy jumping up and down trying to start an imaginary rivalry with Nebraska that really has no common sense purpose of existing. He wanted Nebraska vs. Wisconsin to be a yearly last game of the Big Ten season meeting. I'm really fed up with Barry Alvarez.

Did I mention that our group that goes to the games ran into him last week at Kinnick before the game in his ugly red jacket and he didn't even acknowledge our group of Hawkeye fans just trying to say hello? He didn't seem like a very personable guy. Just kept his head down and kept walking.

He was probably drunk. Barry likes to tip a few back - from time to time of course.

I don't have any thoughts on Barry Alvarez, but on the subject of the Big 10 Title Game, I would personally like to see the Big 10 go the route the Pac-10 has chosen.

While I realize that playing the game at the home field of the team with the best record, probably means less money for the Big 10, given the fact that a BCS game is on the line, I would like to see the team with the best record have a bit of an advantage.

I don't have any thoughts on Barry Alvarez, but on the subject of the Big 10 Title Game, I would personally like to see the Big 10 go the route the Pac-10 has chosen.

While I realize that playing the game at the home field of the team with the best record, probably means less money for the Big 10, given the fact that a BCS game is on the line, I would like to see the team with the best record have a bit of an advantage.

The ONLY reason the Pac 12 did this was because no one would travel to a neutral site game outside of a couple fan bases in that conf. No way the Big Ten doesn't play this at a neutral field.

Alvarez = Pete Clemenza, from "The Godfather"

Leave the gun. Take the cannoli.

(credit to mike north for the comparison, from about 15 yrs ago)

Latest posts