Alone in 1st in the West

Like posted in other thread...
Can't see Hawks better than 2-1. More likely, 1-2 (pick any of the 3)

Offense is gonna suck hard. There will be no change. Look at scores...Who can D hold to under 10?? Cuz that's what it's gonna take!

Amazing how Iowa wins the games the Never Ferentz crowd predicts a loss. Last week it was losing all 4, now it's losing all three.

Iowa is going to win the next two home games with 10-2 on the line against flailing Nebraska. Hard to predict but we are sitting at 7-2 with two weaker opponents to face. We should be 8-1.

There really is no reason to denigrate Iowa's wins. Indeed, opposite of a fan, just a hostile critic.

If they don't call back the Ccoper td against Minnesota, we would only need 1 more win to win the West.

I think maybe nebraska could go if they win out and we only win one I guess.

2023-11-05 FB Standings.jpg
Iowa has the fourth best record in the conference at 7 and 2 and plays the team with 5th best record in Rutgers on the 11th. To be in this position in November is remarkable considering the injuries on offense.

Iowa having two of three games at home is an advantage down the stretch. When you look at the remaining schedules for MN, WI, IA, and NE, Minnesota has the more difficult schedule with Purdue, OSU, and Wisconsin. The schedules for Nebraska, Wisconsin and Iowa are about the same in difficulty.

Hill wasn't great but 60% completion sure provides some hope.

Rutgers going to be tough, but its a home game. IL is too, but if is a "must win" for Bert and crew, can't look past this one. One could almost hope that it winds up with Nebby for the west title on the line................

Overall Iowa is in 4th place in the Big. Way better than they deserve. The West is deservingly being dissolved. We best enjoy that at least. It’s time to look to the future and let Marco era begin. I don’t really care about the West. I want to see Iowa planning for the future.

All the teams in the West are caught up in a game of Limbo………… how low can we go!

Overall Iowa is in 4th place in the Big. Way better than they deserve. The West is deservingly being dissolved. We best enjoy that at least. It’s time to look to the future and let Marco era begin. I don’t really care about the West. I want to see Iowa planning for the future.
I care about the West but I agree with you about giving Marco the keys to the offense. I can’t believe no matter how hard I try that the offense would be worse with him as quarterback. Given Deacon’s performance there’s at least 3 guys on the team that I would try before playing Deacon again.

Latest posts