All-Time Top 10 Matchups in Carver-Hawkeye Arena

I was there for three of them.

1987 Iowa-Indiana
1989 Iowa-Illinois
1989 Iowa-Michigan (later that same week)

Missed out on 1987 Iowa-Purdue because I had a night class and sold my ticket. Would rather have sold the night class.

Missed out on December 1987 Iowa-Arizona because I didn't attend that semester. Ran out of money, had to restock the funds.

Might have to add the 1992/93 team

They beat number 5 Michigan, the eventual National Champs, at Carver, the first home
game after Chris Street's accident

That was an intense game

Michigan had the Fab Five on the court: Chris Webber, Jalen Rose and Juwan Howard

I was there for three of them.

1987 Iowa-Indiana
1989 Iowa-Illinois
1989 Iowa-Michigan (later that same week)

Missed out on 1987 Iowa-Purdue because I had a night class and sold my ticket. Would rather have sold the night class.

Missed out on December 1987 Iowa-Arizona because I didn't attend that semester. Ran out of money, had to restock the funds.
I enjoyed season tickets for Ralph Miller’s Six Pack. Unreal. Sam Williams, later, was one of my favorites. Lute brought physical basketball to Iowa. We were in the field house when Iowa came back from the final four in the middle of the night. Lots of memories!

One of the plusses of CHA being built was more tickets available for students.
Can't remember how many tickets students got in the Fieldhouse, but it was impossible as a Fr to get a student ticket.

CHA had 6,000 out of 15K that were student tickets the 1st few years.

Can't remember how many tickets students got in the Fieldhouse, but it was impossible as a Fr to get a student ticket.

I was a grad student and got lots of priority for those couple of years.

You had the option of full season or split season student tickets. This allowed even more students to attend games.

Now they would be hard pressed to sell, I don't know, 600 tickets to students?

And for the umpteenth time, its not the arena. It rocks for wrestling. I remember when it rocked for basketball.

Latest posts