All Time Hawkeye football Team

Hawkchop

I wanted to make an ALl Iowa Legend team for ncaa 11 on teambuilder...what are your thoughts position by position at who would be on the team?

I'd have Evy, but those are 3 great coaches

Yeah. You could pick blindfolded an be guaranteed to win.

I'd want Sanders and Clayborn and Larry Station on D for sure. And probably Greenway and Spivey.

We've had some unreal athletes under Ferentz.

You'd have to have Timmy D at receiver, TE would be Clark or Marv Cook for double tight. Long at QB. RB would be tough, Greene, Shaw, Harmon, Banks, etc.
Lots of OL to think about, Gallery, Steinbach, Hilgenburg, Goff.

I'm sure this wont be a popular opinion but If forced to choose I think I would take Banks over Chuck Long

on a side note obviously Niles Kinnick needs to be mentioned

QB-Chuck Long, with Banks and Duncan as backups
RB-Kinnick, Greene, Ronnie Harmon, and Sedrick Shaw
FB-I don't know any fullbacks before Cervantes, so I'll go with Busch
WR-Timmy D, Kasper, Quinn Early, and DJK
TE-Dallas Clark and Marv Cook. Moeaki as a backup
T-Robert Gallery, Alex Karras, Cal Jones, and Bulaga
G-Steinbach, Mike Jones, pre-2002 I'll leave up to you guys
C-Bruggeman, Nelson
DE-Clayborn, Roth, Kampman, and the last pick is up to you
DT-King, Babineaux, Cole, again up to you
LB-Angerer, Station, Tippett, Greenway, Hodge, and one more up to you
CB-Spievey, Godfrey, Jovon Johnson, and I'll leave it up to you again for #4
S-Sanders, Sash, Considine (not sure about that one), and Tork Hook (that's a sentimental choice for me)
K-Kaeding or Houghtlin. Flip a coin for it
P-I love Donahue, but he can't touch Reggie Roby
KR/PR-For the sake of putting an extra guy on here, I'll go C.J. Jones for KR and Dwight again for PR.
HC-Evy/Fry/Ferentz. Again, flip a coin.

Last edited:
Shonn Greene. A second running back would be a lot more difficult to choose as I have seen some good ones in my lifetime...Banks, Shaw, Russell, Bell and so on.

I think you can't leave off some of the good lineman of the 80's, I personally think John Alt and Mike Haight should be in any discussion on anyones top offensive lines. Alt was a dominant left tackle and had 12 years in the NFL, several all pro, he was a pre Gallery, big and rangy and an incredible pass protector and had a better career in the pros than Gallery will. Haight was a first round draft pick. Merton Hanks along with Bob Sanders are probably the best defensive backs we have ever had and Devon Mitchell deserves to be in the discussion. I know this dates me but these guys were very good and the reason why the Hawks were so tough in the 80's. I was to young to see Alex Karas in college but was a stud in college and the pros, I was just a kid but he was a heck of a defensive lineman for the Lions in the 60's and 70's

For a second fullback one from the 50s. Either Dick Horner who went on to play for the Rams or Bill Reichardt who went on to play for Green Bay?

Can't forget Merton Hanks and Paul Krause at DB.
At least one of the Hilgenberg's needs to be in there. My vote would be for Wally at LB.
Would have to agree with Alt being on the oline. What about Mark Bortz?
Denis Mosely? Nick Bell?
Damien Robinson?
Larry Station at RB

Those are just a few more to consider.
Leroy Smith at DE

Thanks for more input guys. I'm only 20 years old, and didn't really start watching the Hawks until 2002. So I'm only able to name some of the obvious choices from pre-2002. There are certainly more players who deserve to be on the roster than some of the guys I listed, it's just that I'm too young to remember them.

i'm still trying to figure out how you flip a coin between 3 coaches...that has to be the coolest looking coin EVER!

Latest posts