All the panic can stop

I don't think there were a "multitude of people" who were concerned about Fran's recruiting. He brought in 2 top players his first year. Most people are smart enough to realize that you can't turn around a Lick trainwreck in one or two years.

There were quite a few, it didn't matter who Fran brought in until he was able to secure Woodbury. Gesell was a huge recruit, but for some people the sole focus was on Woodbury, not that it is a awful thing to focus on, but unfair.
Ingram and Meyer are players that are going to be more than just contributors and it is amazing how nobody really mentions Meyer. I think he is going to surprise a lot of people, he has all the attributes to be a solid player from day one. He will be a huge part of Iowa's bench his freshman year and will be a player that can play extended minutes if there is foul trouble. Ingram will have an impact in the pressing game, Iowa will be able to bring him on the floor and get easy points.
Now that Iowa has Woodbury, take a look at the class as a whole and wow, Iowa will have a good bench with a lot of players that will be able to contribute and have a good core group of players back. Whomever plays PG, which will most likely be Gesell, this class will not be forced into playing time, they get to compete for playing time.

There were quite a few, it didn't matter who Fran brought in until he was able to secure Woodbury. Gesell was a huge recruit, but for some people the sole focus was on Woodbury, not that it is a awful thing to focus on, but unfair.
Ingram and Meyer are players that are going to be more than just contributors and it is amazing how nobody really mentions Meyer. I think he is going to surprise a lot of people, he has all the attributes to be a solid player from day one. He will be a huge part of Iowa's bench his freshman year and will be a player that can play extended minutes if there is foul trouble. Ingram will have an impact in the pressing game, Iowa will be able to bring him on the floor and get easy points.
Now that Iowa has Woodbury, take a look at the class as a whole and wow, Iowa will have a good bench with a lot of players that will be able to contribute and have a good core group of players back. Whomever plays PG, which will most likely be Gesell, this class will not be forced into playing time, they get to compete for playing time.

There is a very good chance Meyer redshirts his first year on campus.

There were quite a few, it didn't matter who Fran brought in until he was able to secure Woodbury. Gesell was a huge recruit, but for some people the sole focus was on Woodbury, not that it is a awful thing to focus on, but unfair.Ingram and Meyer are players that are going to be more than just contributors and it is amazing how nobody really mentions Meyer. I think he is going to surprise a lot of people, he has all the attributes to be a solid player from day one. He will be a huge part of Iowa's bench his freshman year and will be a player that can play extended minutes if there is foul trouble. Ingram will have an impact in the pressing game, Iowa will be able to bring him on the floor and get easy points.Now that Iowa has Woodbury, take a look at the class as a whole and wow, Iowa will have a good bench with a lot of players that will be able to contribute and have a good core group of players back. Whomever plays PG, which will most likely be Gesell, this class will not be forced into playing time, they get to compete for playing time.

Unless they bring in a better recruit, I highly doubt that happens. I seem to remember some people saying that he could even slip into the top 100 with a solid summer and season.

If that is the case, it means the returnees are better than advertised and definitely not a bad thing. The frontcourt will be loaded and I have posted before that the redshirt may be the option for one or two of the 2012 kids. If nobody leaves, Iowa is going to have plenty of depth and redshirting a kid or two is not a knock on the state of the program.

Meyer has had a very good summer,, he will have lots of company at the 4,, Basabe will be the starter McCabe will be a jr,, and you will see Olaseni slipping down to the 4 to play with Woodbury to have a twin tower defense,, Meyer has said that he has a lot of work to do,, as until this summer he has not worked with weights, there maybe a real possibility of him taking a redshirt,, with the depth at the 4 & 5,, plus you have White that can play at the 3 & 4,, the kid adds a different look and is good,, but he is 215 lbs so his sr year and maybe a year of redshirting would be a good thing

This is some good stuff. :)

Nothing to see here; move along.
bagdad-bob.jpg

Latest posts