All the negativity...

So then we should lie? Everyone should be making topics about how dynamic our offense is and how amazing this team is playing, led of course by the ultimate outside the box thinker Kirk Ferentz?

The board does not hurt recruiting, watching Iowa play hurts recruiting. We have not produced a star offensive skill player since Shonn Greene, that is 6 ****ing year ago. They can watch the WRs struggle to get open all day and get rewarded with 2 targets thrown within 5 yards of the line. They can watch a QB who tries to open things up get benched in favor of a less skilled QB because he doesn't take chances. What HS QB says to himself, "I want to check down 20 times a game, I hope I go someplace who doesn't let me throw it deep."? Answer, nobody.

Recruits can watch the wonderful product on TV and easily form their own opinion. I seriously doubt after watching our offense that they feel the need to get on the message board for a second opinion.

Exactly. It does not make one damed bit of difference what people say on here.

What goes on here is the same thing that goes on everywhere crappy football is played at a premium cost.

People who come on here and complain about other fans who have the common sense to be dissatisfied with this crap are the whinny babies.

You really think a recruiter for another school is going to say "Have you seen their forums?!" ...LOL. Please. I'd say they're much more likely to simply point out (to use the WR example) how little IOWA throws to the wide receivers they have recruited.

Fans aren't the reason we're struggling, and Fleming talking about winning the last five LOL, if we win more than two of the last five I'll be shocked. This ain't a good team or program right now folks. The game has blown right by Kurt and it's only getting worse as long as he's here.

I don't know how many we will win, and don't always agree with everything the staff does. But Im always blown away by how many wanabe coaches on message boards act like they know more than someone as respected as KF. Just Saying

Anyone think that this forum is in a vacuum? Players see it, hear it, read it. And you can bet when a WR recruit hears someone say, "why would any WR prospect consider Iowa" the stop and think. All of this, over time is corrosive to the program.

Yea yea yea.... it does have some impact on those inside the locker room and those being recruited.

Just say'n read this article http://iowa.scout.com/story/1472062...e&hootPostID=95c3dd97a635908e6f8614419603f308

And now....let it come.

Total troll bait. I hate to admit it because I love forums, but we are dinosaurs, gents (and Freak). Kidz use the twitter and the snapchat. Forums are the equivalent of the BetaMax players circa 1989 - they are superior to the twitter but only guys like the Creepy Rob Lowe still use them and they ain't making new ones anymore.

I have a question for the masses...which one are you?

optimism-pessimism-realism.jpg

I have been confused by all the negative comments after the Maryland loss. Iowa played badly, but Iets move on and not lose focus.

Barta is that you? :D

Howe's article is something I would read from Joe Blow/Internet poster, seriously that was just an odd article IMO..

I doubt that the recruits hear anything here that they don't already hear from other coaches that are recruiting them.

I doubt that the recruits hear anything here that they don't already hear from other coaches that are recruiting them.

I highly doubt that we're saying anything that recruits don't already know about themselves from watching Iowa play. Any person with a sliver of football knowledge knows that something is wrong with Iowa football. If they don't know that then they shouldn't be playing college ball.

I will say for some schools, their is apathy....at Iowa we have passion, even if it is negative passion....beats the alternative.

I have been confused by all the negative comments after the Maryland loss. Iowa played badly, but Iets move on and not lose focus.

I'm sick of moving on. After every stupid, moronic, ill-advised play call this coaching staff makes, we have to "move on."
Weisman runs over Maryland on his way to the endzone and GD calls 37 pass plays in a row. Well let's just move on.

Moving on gets us more of the same and I don't care for any more, thank you very much.

It's time for change. From the top down. And what really pisses me off is that I know damned well that it isn't going to happen. Our talented players will sit on the bench unused for the remainder of the season. We'll stumble to a pathetic record of 7-5 ( a travesty with this schedule) and go to some also-ran bowl game. After the season, KF, Garys Dolphin & Barta, and every shill for this program will blow sunshine up our arses and say (imagine Gomer Pyle voice) "Well, gollllly, another successful season!"

Well BULLSPIT, I say! I could go on but it's all been said before and won't make any difference anyway.

end rant

I don't know how many we will win, and don't always agree with everything the staff does. But Im always blown away by how many wanabe coaches on message boards act like they know more than someone as respected as KF. Just Saying

I'll bet ISU respects him..Who the hell else has ISU beat 9 times out of the last 16 times they have played? Maybe Kansas?

Ferentz may be a good offensive lineman coach.
He is, however, a HORRIBLE game day coach.
I am guessing that most of the respect he garnered in his early years is gone. He is more noted now for his outdated and very predictable offensive schemes, poor clock management, poor timeout usage, head scratching personnel decisions and last but not least, his legendary punt return teams. (you do recall the six or seven consecutive successful fake punts run against his teams?)

I sure do Blubber, It was painful. But if you think KF is not highly respected within the FB Coaching industry . You are just uninformed

I assume most people post on this website and others like it because it's fun to do. Mesh us altogether and it can't be more than 2% of the fanbase. It's a great place to blow off a little steam and commiserate with like-minded people; and it's also a great place to bask in the glow of success as well, long after our family, friends and co-workers are done talking about it. I mean, sane people do not talk about the pluses and minuses of zone blocking and check downs and Raider packages. Where else would we go?

Sorry, none of that is allowed here. This is Football MSG board i might remind you. We are here to lap up every piece of sh%^ game K.F. so graciously offers us. Don't you dare comment on a player's game from the past weekend as these are only poor children of 18-23 years old, they will surely decompensate to trembling puddles of tears if you speak ill of them.

Now that you know our function here; how awesome was 10 three and outs last week? Such a novel concept that nobody else has seemed to caught on to. Some say that game has passed K.F. by, hahaha. Show me one other coach in the coutry this inovative.
Conventional wisdom = move the ball down the field
Iowa wisdom = go sideways, backwards or turn it over...again something our innovative staff is keen on mastering.

So you see, you don't have to come here gripe. Lets make lemons into lemonade girlfriend!

I am positive the only negative boards in college football are related to the Iowa Hawks. It happens nowhere else.

Just like programs going down the drain or settling for mediocrity only happens in Iowa. Not Texas. Not Michigan. Not Penn St. Not Florida. Not _________ .

Last edited by a moderator:
I sure do Blubber, It was painful. But if you think KF is not highly respected within the FB Coaching industry . You are just uninformed

He is respected...and for good reasons.

But the opinions of his ability as a Head Coach have also shifted significantly over the last 4 years. (I think the Wisconsin game of 2010 is as good a turning point to mark this, as any). The bloom is off the rose for more than just petulant Iowa fans... you can read it and hear it if you listen to enough pundits. And you can bet there are more that don't say it publicly.

I shutter to think what Iowa football would have been like had we never hired Hayden Fry because it would upset the players and the coaching staff under Bob Cummings.

Are those who made that decision still alive and affiliated with the U of I? Nevermind I think we all know the answer to that question.

Would love to see the team come together and win out including winning the Big Ten championship game. I'm the type of person who believes never say never.

i had high hopes coming into this season that we would be good enough to get through this incredibly weak schedule and possibly through the grace of God squeak into the four team play off. When we lost to ISU I knew that was pure fantasy. Now we have to try to squeak by and try to get the capital one or outback bowl.

To say it's very disappointing and very upsetting would be an understatement and as a life long Iowa Hawkeyes fan for over forty-five years I don't appreciate any internet Twitt coming on a message board and questioning fan loyalty just because we expect one of the highest paid coaches in college football to produce a competitive product. If he can't do it then he needs to move on and not let the door hit him in the a $$ and all eighty million dollars in his wallet.

Win out and I will humbly apologize on this forum.

Latest posts