All the negativity...

NCHawker

Anyone think that this forum is in a vacuum? Players see it, hear it, read it. And you can bet when a WR recruit hears someone say, "why would any WR prospect consider Iowa" the stop and think. All of this, over time is corrosive to the program.

Yea yea yea.... it does have some impact on those inside the locker room and those being recruited.

Just say'n read this article http://iowa.scout.com/story/1472062...e&hootPostID=95c3dd97a635908e6f8614419603f308

And now....let it come.

Anyone think that this forum is in a vacuum? Players see it, hear it, read it. And you can bet when a WR recruit hears someone say, "why would any WR prospect consider Iowa" the stop and think. All of this, over time is corrosive to the program.

Yea yea yea.... it does have some impact on those inside the locker room and those being recruited.

Just say'n read this article http://iowa.scout.com/story/1472062...e&hootPostID=95c3dd97a635908e6f8614419603f308

And now....let it come.
Agree. Knock of NW next week at Kinnick and we are 6-2 and 3-1 in the B1G. Lots of football left to play.

The negativity is primarily from a bunch of whiny babies. Some come here for nuggets of information about their favorite team, others use it to gripe about things they can't control and reveal things about how they view life in the process

This board has gotten about as pathetic as the basketball board got when the team fell apart. And I agree, the plane has not crashed into the mountain

I can only imagine what other recruiters are saying to the recruits considering Iowa. As for the Rob Howe article, I thought it was pretty lame and don't agree..

I'm sure will see some staunch KF supporters bite on this Thread. :)

This board has gotten about as pathetic as the basketball board got when the team fell apart. And I agree, the plane has not crashed into the mountain

Hmmm I see you see the trend as well!

It might not have crashed yet but we all have 1st class tickets! Buckle up, the capt is going down with this one! The funny thing is there are still people who are still willing to go down with him! Who wants to deal with that fallout? I say we eject before we have to suffer the consequences of such a travesty. If you see it coming, STEP THE **** OUT OF THE WAY!!!

Last edited:
Recruits can watch the wonderful product on TV and easily form their own opinion. I seriously doubt after watching our offense that they feel the need to get on the message board for a second opinion.

Fans aren't the reason we're struggling, and Fleming talking about winning the last five LOL, if we win more than two of the last five I'll be shocked. This ain't a good team or program right now folks. The game has blown right by Kurt and it's only getting worse as long as he's here.

Oh Crap...do the players really read this stuff? They have to be laughing their butts off at a lot of the morons here. I would like to apologize to everyone on the team, because I've pretty much said a few negative things about every position at one time or another this year. I've been especially hard on Lowdermilk at safety. John, I'm sure you do know the shortest distance from point A to point B is a straight line...I take that comment back. What I don't take back is that you are still running to the wrong point B. Still bros?

So according to Rob, if you're unhappy with the product, you should stop supporting the team you love? Sounds like Bush tactics. We will support them through thick and thin. We have every right to voice displeasure. Our coach has always hid behind players (lack of execution). I don't expect players to get this. We had talent before Kirk. We'll have talent after Kirk. The product is stale and we'll continue being the second best team in the state. I can't knock two star guys working their ***** off. I can and will knock a coach making 4 million/year riding a big ten title from a decade ago. And a bcs bowl from 5 years ago.
As a wise man once said "**** or get off the pot"

Fans aren't the reason we're struggling, and Fleming talking about winning the last five LOL, if we win more than two of the last five I'll be shocked. This ain't a good team or program right now folks. The game has blown right by Kurt and it's only getting worse as long as he's here.

I agree with your opinion on the game is passing Kurt by. Is seems like we b ever adjust or try anything new. Its the same stuff every season.

I assume most people post on this website and others like it because it's fun to do. Mesh us altogether and it can't be more than 2% of the fanbase. It's a great place to blow off a little steam and commiserate with like-minded people; and it's also a great place to bask in the glow of success as well, long after our family, friends and co-workers are done talking about it. I mean, sane people do not talk about the pluses and minuses of zone blocking and check downs and Raider packages. Where else would we go?

Recruits can watch the wonderful product on TV and easily form their own opinion. I seriously doubt after watching our offense that they feel the need to get on the message board for a second opinion.

Couldn't have said it better and to the point.

I have been confused by all the negative comments after the Maryland loss. Iowa played badly, but Iets move on and not lose focus.

We're all a little puzzled and frustrated at times, but this part of being a fan of the team we're supposed to cheer on each Saturday.....I'm excited for any new recruit that decides to call Iowa home......If we're talking products, these young men are the raw material that our coaching staffs are trying to mold into something that works, or something to make our lives a little more convenient, and when (it doesn't) or (they don't), we become frustrated.....These kids are just trying to execute a play or series of plays to reach the ultimate goal, and that's to gain yards, beat an opponent, and come out on top.....I have lost a little faith in our staff, not the kids.....and until the staff changes, we are going to continue to have seasons like this, and believe me November will be more of the same unless we see some fast changes in play calling, execution, changes in the flow of a game, and it all starts w/the HC....imo.....The sad thing is I'm usually not a negative person, I just wish and hope for change, b/c I think we need some.....

I assume most people post on this website and others like it because it's fun to do. Mesh us altogether and it can't be more than 2% of the fanbase. It's a great place to blow off a little steam and commiserate with like-minded people; and it's also a great place to bask in the glow of success as well, long after our family, friends and co-workers are done talking about it. I mean, sane people do not talk about the pluses and minuses of zone blocking and check downs and Raider packages. Where else would we go?

^^This is the best explanation of people posting on this website that I have read. We are big time fans, fanatics, to a degree. I like talking X's and O's and strategy and there are a small number on this board that like to also do this.

I would say the number of active posters on this board represent way less than 1% of the Iowa fans. The hawks are noted for a large fan following around the country and large numbers that tune into TV sets.

Personally when I am at the game I talk with my friends that go with me, I cheer or groan, but I dont boo coaches or players. I know the players are trying their best and they are not pros. I definitely have problems with coaches calling certain plays over and over that dont work or running pass routes 4 yards short of the first down marker.

I equate Iowa football over the last few years as a mature, even older, company/corporation which has settled into old ways of doing business. Old businesses doing the same old thing usually get stuck in the mud.

Last edited:

Latest posts