All-McCaffery Team - Who do you have?

Dutch

I know it has been a short time for Fran at Iowa, but I couldn't help but think who would be included in an All-McCaffery team at Iowa.
Maybe something to consider would be best team fit/cohesion, leadership, shot facilitation (assists, setting up teammates), defense (shot blocking,steals), and rebounding. Who would make the most effective team (assuming senior year, or best year of production)?

Marble
Jok
Uthoff
White
Olaseni

Would like to fit in Gatens, Woodbury, Basabe, May, Clemmons, Gesell

What say you?

Hard to disagree with what you have. 4 potential NBA draft picks and an athletic big man. Although I think Gabe being the "best" big man kind of calls out a weakness in Fran's recruitment of big guys

I like that lineup, but I would substitute Gesell for Olaseni - mainly because I feel if you're picking a "team", there should be a PG on it. Otherwise, I think the other 4 you listed would be my choices.

Good line ups so far but until Pete Jok can play some real defense he doesn't belong on this list. Hopefully after next year he will. If Gatens was playing with this kind of team you guys would have thought he was a Superstar!!! Great defense, could shoot the ball, and was a great leader. And I know many will disagree but Woodbury belongs on here before Gabe. People just don't realize the value Woodbury brings to the game.

Uhtoff
White
Woodbury
Gatens
Marble

Marble
Gatens
Uthoff
White
Woody

I can't put Jok ahead of Gatens just yet. However, I would say Jok surpasses him easliy next year.

I can't put Gabe who played behind Woody, ahead of Woody... doesn't make sense.

Good line ups so far but until Pete Jok can play some real defense he doesn't belong on this list. Hopefully after next year he will. If Gatens was playing with this kind of team you guys would have thought he was a Superstar!!! Great defense, could shoot the ball, and was a great leader. And I know many will disagree but Woodbury belongs on here before Gabe. People just don't realize the value Woodbury brings to the game.

Uhtoff
White
Woodbury
Gatens
Marble

If you don't think Peter is playing good defense this year, you just haven't been paying attention.

If you don't think Peter is playing good defense this year, you just haven't been paying attention.

That's what I was thinking. Also I didn't put Gabe over Woody because I think he's a better player. I picked him because it's really close and he fits the team better. Man would that be a fun team to watch!

I don't deny he's playing better defense and I probably should have said better instead of real in the original sentence. But you haven't been paying attention if you really think he's been playing good defense. Really, watch the game a bit closer and you'll see what I mean. He's getting better and his anticipation at the top of the key is really good. But he leaves guys high and dry on the back side more than any player on the team. Words on a message board may come off as I'm not a fan of his which is far from the point. The question by the OP was who would make Fran's all-team and right now he wouldn't make it for me in front of Gatens.

I fully expect him to be there by next year.

I guess for the sake of having a Big in the lineup you go with Gabe over Woody, to date Fran hasn't gotten a BIG IMO deserving of being on the list yet.. So that said Gessell over Gabe/Woody. As for Peter Jok yes he is playing great ball but deserving over Matt Gatens? Not!

Gesell
Uhtoff

White
Gatens
Marble

I know it has been a short time for Fran at Iowa, but I couldn't help but think who would be included in an All-McCaffery team at Iowa.
Maybe something to consider would be best team fit/cohesion, leadership, shot facilitation (assists, setting up teammates), defense (shot blocking,steals), and rebounding. Who would make the most effective team (assuming senior year, or best year of production)?

Marble
Jok
Uthoff
White
Olaseni

Would like to fit in Gatens, Woodbury, Basabe, May, Clemmons, Gesell

What say you?

The sad part is all those top 5 plus a few others were on the same team when we lost to Tenn in the play in round. It makes you wonder what that team could have done if we started JU and played white at his natural 4 spot, and not imploded of course.

The sad part is all those top 5 plus a few others were on the same team when we lost to Tenn in the play in round. It makes you wonder what that team could have done if we started JU and played white at his natural 4 spot, and not imploded of course.

The sad part, is the lack of big time talent or coaching that lost to TN - this is the all-time Fran team?

i hop ten years from now there are a few new names on the list- Uthoff is going to be on it for starters

I guess for the sake of having a Big in the lineup you go with Gabe over Woody, to date Fran hasn't gotten a BIG IMO deserving of being on the list yet.. So that said Gessell over Gabe/Woody. As for Peter Jok yes he is playing great ball but deserving over Matt Gatens? Not!

Gesell
Uhtoff

White
Gatens
Marble
What about Jarryd Cole? He played Fran's first year right? He was a pretty good big man. I mean if 8 points and 6 rebounds per game is good.

What about Jarryd Cole? He played Fran's first year right? He was a pretty good big man. I mean if 8 points and 6 rebounds per game is good.

Would love to have seen how Cole would have turned out minus all the injury issues.

The sad part, is the lack of big time talent or coaching that lost to TN - this is the all-time Fran team?

i hop ten years from now there are a few new names on the list- Uthoff is going to be on it for starters

A) Well if they didn't have big time talent then a loss to a decent TN team isn't that sad.

B) We should have three draft picks in three years plus a handful of overseas pros so there's plenty of talent on that list, so again you're absolutely wrong.

Be Better!

So you're saying White and Uthoff were the same players their junior and sophomore years as they were their senior years? Jebus people on here are daft or just plain out just didn't watch these teams. That team had a lot of talent but most of it was undeveloped talent with no experience sans Marble and that's what make players great at basketball as much as talent.

You can't help but wonder what that team could have done but I'll go ahead and help you, the exact same cause that's what happened.

You CAN however wonder what that team could have done if MARBLE, WHITE and UTHOFF were all playing like their senior years together on the same team but that's not really how sports work.

Latest posts