All is quiet on Saddle Club Road

What was the deal with that anyway? He didn’t want to join an HOA? Who can blame him?
An HOA that didn't exist when he moved there, that he had no obligation to join, and still tried to force him to pay their fees, mainly by trying to twist public opinion in their favor.

The biggest non-story of Iowa's off-season.

An HOA that didn't exist when he moved there, that he had no obligation to join, and still tried to force him to pay their fees, mainly by trying to twist public opinion in their favor.

The biggest non-story of Iowa's off-season.
I think there were a couple other minor neighborly things they were going back and forth on too. Something to do with trees being planted and paving a road they didn't want. But yeah the HOA part of it was what was 'newsworthy' to the media.

I think there were a couple other minor neighborly things they were going back and forth on too. Something to do with trees being planted and paving a road they didn't want. But yeah the HOA part of it was what was 'newsworthy' to the media.
I believe the neighbor's argument regarding the HOA is that the Ferentz's originally agreed to join the HOA, but later decided against it. If it wasn't in writing, it probably doesn't mean jack.

I believe the neighbor's argument regarding the HOA is that the Ferentz's originally agreed to join the HOA, but later decided against it. If it wasn't in writing, it probably doesn't mean jack.
Ah. For sure if they didn't sign anything they could go back and forth verbally every day and it wouldn't matter.
I can't for the life of me understand the mindset of those that like having/being apart of an HOA. There are those folks out there obviously but I'm glad I don't run in their circles.

Ah. For sure if they didn't sign anything they could go back and forth verbally every day and it wouldn't matter.
I can't for the life of me understand the mindset of those that like having/being apart of an HOA. There are those folks out there obviously but I'm glad I don't run in their circles.
Completely agree. HOAs are for snooty busy-bodies who run around with check lists, looking for minor items to run to the board to complain about. Pfffft.

Why is Ferentz’s name the only one mentioned? Why aren’t the theee dirt bag neighbors’ names given in the article?

Why is Ferentz’s name the only one mentioned? Why aren’t the theee dirt bag neighbors’ names given in the article?

Agreed. Also, in another article Ferentz's salary was mentioned multiple times (may have been in the DM Ragster, can't seem to find it now). A little heavy-handed. If you're talking about his job performance, yeah it's relevant. But how much money the guy makes doesn't mean he has to bend over for his neighbors because they may make less.

Last edited:
Agreed. Also, in another article Ferentz's salary was mentioned multiple times (may have been in the DM Ragster, can't seem to find it now). A little heavy-handed. If you're talking about his job performance, yeah it's relevant. But how much money the guy makes doesn't meant he has to bend over for his neighbors because they may make less.
I'm with you. But that's how the liberal media operates. They are angling to gain sympathy towards the neighbors. By leaving them nameless and anonymous and pounding home KF and his 'worth' it turns into a one sided battle. I'll bet those neighbors aren't exactly cashing in food stamps to survive. I think it's a neighborhood of 1 percenters wives going back and forth against each other...

I'm with you. But that's how the liberal media operates. They are angling to gain sympathy towards the neighbors. By leaving them nameless and anonymous and pounding home KF and his 'worth' it turns into a one sided battle. I'll bet those neighbors aren't exactly cashing in food stamps to survive. I think it's a neighborhood of 1 percenters wives going back and forth against each other...

"Journalism" is dead...

but i thought a verbal commitment meant you'd selected your dance partner and couldn't look around for a better partner?

One is one of the area’s largest developers. Another is a big-shot UofI some kindofologist

No. They’re not in the welfare line.

One is one of the area’s largest developers. Another is a big-shot UofI some kindofologist

No. They’re not in the welfare line.
So yeah there ya go. I wouldn't be surprised if the whole thing was on their wives and once it became the public story it did all the men involved told them to do whatever it took to resolve it. Especially KF and hence no day in court over it.

but i thought a verbal commitment meant you'd selected your dance partner and couldn't look around for a better partner?
aWm83.gif

Latest posts