All Big 10 Spring Sporting Events Cancelled

EstronHawkKing

So does this mean that all Big 10 football teams cannot practice this spring, no spring games in April?

(KWWL) -- "The Big Ten Conference announced today that in addition to the Men’s Basketball Tournament it will be canceling all conference and non-conference competitions through the end of the academic year, including spring sports that compete beyond the academic year, and participation in all NCAA tournaments and competitions. In addition, the Conference has announced a moratorium on all on- and off-campus recruiting activities for the foreseeable future.

The Big Ten Conference will use this time to work with the appropriate medical experts and institutional leadership to determine next steps for moving forward in regard to the COVID-19 pandemic.

The main priority of the Big Ten Conference continues to be the health, safety and wellness of student-athletes, coaches, administrators, fans and media."

I wonder if spring football practices will continue if some kind of testing of athletes will be available? I imagine all visits to the children’s hospital will not happen for awhile.

As pressure for coronavirus vaccine mounts, scientists debate risks of accelerated testing

"Studies have suggested that coronavirus vaccines carry the risk of what is known as vaccine enhancement, where instead of protecting against infection, the vaccine can actually make the disease worse when a vaccinated person is infected with the virus. The mechanism that causes that risk is not fully understood and is one of the stumbling blocks that has prevented the successful development of a coronavirus vaccine."

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-vaccines-insight-idUSKBN20Y1GZ

I wonder if there is a chance that if we are able to successfully contain COVID-19, that all the sporting events could resume this summer when normally we only have baseball to look forward to. I don't see why we couldn't finish all the tournaments in the summer if the virus is somehow contained by then.

I wonder if there is a chance that if we are able to successfully contain COVID-19, that all the sporting events could resume this summer when normally we only have baseball to look forward to. I don't see why we couldn't finish all the tournaments in the summer if the virus is somehow contained by then.
I doubt they would finish the tournaments in the summer, too much time would have passed. Teams would not be practicing, players a bit out of shape, school is done. Plus, by then basketball will have passed and most would have moved on. It will be summer time and most will be into MLB baseball, looking forward to the 4th of July, people travel for summer vacation and getting excited for the up coming football season.

Latest posts