Alford running his mouth again!

I have a feeling you should stop trying to guess what other people think, because it's only going to make you look like an idiot.

Alford needs to shut his damn trap.

Silvanthalas! Good to see you around here! I haven't been on the ESPN boards too much recently, but good to hear from you.

And I agree with both your statements. Especially the last one. If Alford would get his head out of Iowa, maybe his team could have advanced to the Sweet Sixteen. But he's to wrapped up in himself to really lead a successful program.

Did anyone else hear Alfraud running his mouth at a radio interview before the Final Four today? He was talking about his contract extension and how they are upgrading their facilities at New Mexico. Of course, they brought up Iowa. He rambled on and on about how there was no support at Iowa, the facilities were not to his liking, and how you can't just bring in a coach to build a program.
He also mentioned when he was at Iowa that they had three winning season along with two big ten titles. What he failed to mention was that those two titles were from the big ten tournament and he only had one ncaa tournament win at his time at Iowa.
All in all even though I liked Alfraud he was way off today. Any thoughts???

Steve who? Get over him, hes married and not looking from what I understand

What are people supposed to feel when this jack*** is badmouthing Iowa's program in national interviews?

Look, everyone should move on and take the high road, but Alford haters aren't doing it on ESPN. He is.

I feel you. I guess for me, the day he took the NM job is the day I quit caring what he had to say. But then again, I supported him when he was coach. Just like I supported Lickliter. And just like I am supporting McCaffery.

I know it got personal for a lot of people about Alford. He sure didn't endear himself to a large portion of the fans. I never had a problem with him, which is why I honestly can say I don't care WHAT he says about Iowa. I moved on from him a LONG time ago. But I am starting to understand why some haven't yet.

I have a feeling you should stop trying to guess what other people think, because it's only going to make you look like an idiot.

Alford needs to shut his damn trap.

I didn't really need to guess, it was obvious from your posts what your viewpoint is. And the fact that you only quoted a part of my post, ignored the rest, and then called me the idiot?? Well, nothing else needs to be said.

I talked to a pretty significant booster right after Fran was announced last week(this guy knew Alford personally, remained supportive, but now despises him after his parting shots). I was asking him about Carver's attendance and he brought up a heck of a question to me....

"How full would Carver have been last season if we had played New Mexico?"

My answer was the same as his. It would have been close to capacity. How sad is that? Like he said(paraphrasing), the anti-Alford crowd is the biggest cancer within the Iowa program right now. Not the people, just the attitude. We can't move forward until people alter their focus.

He also said it's ironic that people who think they are trashing him are actually giving him what he wants. He loves remaining relevant in Iowa basketball. Even if in a negative light. You want to get under his skin? Remove him from your consciousness. Alter every imprint he has within the program, from the color of the court to the Hawks nest. If you take away his influence on the program, then you truly have had the last laugh.

Take it for what it's worth. I don't really expect to change people's minds. I am probably contributing to his immortality, along with all of you, by trying to get people to forget about him.

Last edited:
I didn't really need to guess, it was obvious from your posts what your viewpoint is. And the fact that you only quoted a part of my post, ignored the rest, and then called me the idiot?? Well, nothing else needs to be said.

I talked to a pretty significant booster right after Fran was announced last week(this guy knew Alford personally, remained supportive, but now despises him after his parting shots). I was asking him about Carver's attendance and he brought up a heck of a question to me....

"How full would Carver have been last season if we had played New Mexico?"

My answer was the same as his. It would have been close to capacity. How sad is that? Like he said(paraphrasing), the anti-Alford crowd is the biggest cancer within the Iowa program right now. Not the people, just the attitude. We can't move forward until people alter their focus.

He also said it's ironic that people who think they are trashing him are actually giving him what he wants. He loves remaining relevant in Iowa basketball. Even if in a negative light. You want to get under his skin? Remove him from your consciousness. Alter every imprint he has within the program, from the color of the court to the Hawks nest. If you take away his influence on the program, then you truly have had the last laugh.

Take it for what it's worth. I don't really expect to change people's minds. I am probably contributing to his immortality, along with all of you, by trying to get people to forget about him.

Actually, you can get under his skin by trashing him on here too.

There's an old saying that "the best revenge is to live well." I'm happy with Iowa basketball without Alford. And I know that Alford isn't where he wants to be in college basketball.

So...you are saying Alford comes to an Iowa message board to read what we are saying? Or am I not understanding you correctly.

That's EXACTLY what I'm saying. Or at least he has people who comb through the stuff on here. I've got some personal experience with him/his minions.

That's EXACTLY what I'm saying. Or at least he has people who comb through the stuff on here. I've got some personal experience with him/his minions.

You would think he would have more important stuff to do. I know he was rumored to be on these sites shortly after he bolted for NM. I wouldn't think he would still be on here three years later. The fact that he is(assuming what you say is true) kind of reaffirms what I heard from my friend. He feeds off of attention...whether it be positive or negative. This board must be like a buffet for him.

You would think he would have more important stuff to do. I know he was rumored to be on these sites shortly after he bolted for NM. I wouldn't think he would still be on here three years later. The fact that he is(assuming what you say is true) kind of reaffirms what I heard from my friend. He feeds off of attention...whether it be positive or negative. This board must be like a buffet for him.

Well he got a little miffed at something I said about 6 weeks ago. Not just basking in the glory of the attention we give him, he actually got offended. I can't say a whole lot about it until after my best friend graduates from New Mexico (he's on the football team), because he's involved in the story and I don't want him getting into any kind of trouble. But once he's out of school, I'll tell you all about it. It's actually pretty funny.

Steve must not have had his WWJD bracelet on when he was talking about Iowa. He must have kept it off on all his escapades while in Iowa City and Missouri as well. Lets just hope Fran can turn the corner and we dont have to talk about Steven any more.

I have heard SA say he made mistakes at Iowa. Let it go.

His mistake was staying here so long. He should have stayed one year and then went on to bigger and better things just like the 3 coaches before him.