Alex Smith to the Chiefs?

Another backup QB. The 49ers have a great team adn Kappernick made them better, Smith just held on for the ride. He's better than Cassel, but hey, who isn't?

Another backup QB. The 49ers have a great team adn Kappernick made them better, Smith just held on for the ride. He's better than Cassel, but hey, who isn't?

Smith had them 1 win away from the SB last year. I wouldn't say he's a backup by any means. Harbaugh is great with QBs however.

Alex Smith was a back-up while the 49ers were in turmoil!

He went through 6 different OC's in his first 6 years.
Never had a #1 WR until Crabtree (who didn't play up to a #1 standard until this year).
I believe the 49ers went through something like 16 different starting WR's since drafting Smith... some ridiculous number.. may be higher than 16.
Their O-line was probably the worse in the NFL his first 4-5 years. That's why Mike Nolan drafted line, line, line 3 consecutive years in the 1st.
Alex Smith was not good but the 49ers had something to do with that.

Smith was the highest rated QB this year (up until his injury) and led his team to the NFC Championship game on offense. Lots of pundits said his 2011 season was a fluke then he turns around and plays BETTER in 2012.

I can't say if Smith will play good for the Chiefs. He is in a better position with the Chiefs than he was with the 49ers 3 years ago. If he can carry over the mentality Harbaugh gave him.. Smith will elevate KC and Reid knows it. Reid isn't a stupid man and just gave away a high 2nd rounder. The value is there.

For what was available on the open market, in the draft class and on the Chiefs roster, Smith is definitely the best option. Changes in KC were needed and finally happening. They have a lot of younk talent, just needed a QB, coach and GM worth a crap.

Whar Len Dawson? Isn't that the last time chiefs were championship competitive? Albeit, Smith is certainly an upgrade there.

Whar Len Dawson? Isn't that the last time chiefs were championship competitive? Albeit, Smith is certainly an upgrade there.

Last KC QB to win a playoff game ...

Montana+chief.jpg

Latest posts