Alex Malloy

If all he contributes to the team is keeping his brother in line and motivated, it will be worth having him around.

I agree, and it will be a plus if he works into a starting role. An athletic wideout at 6'4" is always nice to have...time will tell.

What a great story it would be if he develops into a contributor. Certainly has the size and athleticism to do it.

"In the meantime, younger brother Michael, an all-state football running back at Heelan, accepted a scholarship offer from the Hawkeyes. Although the scholarship offer was withdrawn following an ACL injury one game into his senior season, Michael Malloy signed with Iowa as a preferred walk-on."

Yeah...the knee injury...yeah, THAT's the reason...:rolleyes:

I love the pick up of Alex...it must be nice to be athletic enough to be able to choose which sport you can play (even as a walk-on) at the next level...

Maybe he can develop into another great special teamer like a former receiver that shared a similar phonetically pronounced last name.

Sounds like a good story we can all get behind.... except for the writers failure to mention the part where the younger brother wound up in trouble being the reason why his scholarship was offer was pulled. Almost sounds like an ESPN writer.

Sounds like a good story we can all get behind.... except for the writers failure to mention the part where the younger brother wound up in trouble being the reason why his scholarship was offer was pulled. Almost sounds like an ESPN writer.

Exactly...not to mention it makes Iowa look bad to unknowing readers when Iowa has a great reputation for NOT pulling schollies due to injuries. The Hawks know that in today's medical world ACLs aren't a career ender.

Making Iowa look bad when they (ESecPN) can has been high priority I think. Just think back to the Pat Forde article about how Ferentz doesn't care about his players and how he's sitting in parents living rooms lying and blah blah blah ba blah....

Iowa has a great reputation for not pulling schollies period. Every time I hear about Saban and his propensity to do so if he finds another prized recruit I want to barf.

Latest posts