ALERT-ALERT--HULU...no BTN overflow/alt channels

hawkeyebob62

Just got off chat with Hulu. They do NOT have BTN overflow/al channels this year. The chatbot-person explained that BTN and FoxSports (as well as other providers) provide apps that are free/accessible to Hulu users, so they don't "need" to carry overflow/alt channels.

Just wanted to give the heads-up/FYI. I would suggest loading the BTN2Go (app, and possibly the FoxSports and ESPN apps, as well.

I don't see overflow channels on YouTubeTV either. Installing the BTN2GO app on my Roku and hopefully YouTubeTV or Hulu are offered as providers so I can still login. We'll see...

I can't even get on BTN2GO to register my device. How can they have so much money but be run by a bunch of amateurs. It's amazing they can't even keep a site up when they know damn well that there will be heavy load today. Having managed large-scale sites like this that see millions of connections per day, it's just unacceptable.

It looks like the same situation on my PS VUE, however the Iowa game is airing on BTN, even though the channel guide shows the Penn State game on all 4 BTN channels.

Ok, well, the Iowa game is on BTN on YouTube TV right now, even though the guide doesn't say that. It says the Penn State game will be on at 2:50. We'll see what happens.

PlaystyPlay Vue customer here.. App state/PSU on all four channels. Pffft.

Kinda defeats the purpose of the overflow channels yes?

Thanks for the heads up. I got it working on the BTN2Go Ap. Not that I'm enjoying the game that munch mind you.

I've found FoxSportsGo tends to have a little better picture quality and has all the FOX Sports, FS1, FS2, your regional FOX Sports Network, FOX College Sports, Big Ten Network, FOX Soccer Plus and FOX Deportes content all in one app/streaming channel.

I've found FoxSportsGo tends to have a little better picture quality and has all the FOX Sports, FS1, FS2, your regional FOX Sports Network, FOX College Sports, Big Ten Network, FOX Soccer Plus and FOX Deportes content all in one app/streaming channel.
Agree with what you say about the Fox app picture quality. That said, when it comes to a big ten network game, when viewed thru the Fox app the picture quality seems to suffer if it’s an alternate game like the Northern Illinois game. Low frame rate is noticeable to me. I think that on the BTN end. They are just terrible.

Yeah buddyyyy DEPORTES

I get every channel now with this handy dandy firestick

tv.gif

Saturday, September 15th at 7:30 PM (ET) / 6:30 PM (CT)
- NORTHERN IOWA VS. IOWA: channel 51.3 or 734 (HD) and BTN2Go
- MISSOURI VS. PURDUE: channel 59.8, 160 and BTN2Go
- AKRON VS. NORTHWESTERN: channel 59.1, 161 and BTN2Go

Last edited:
Agree with what you say about the Fox app picture quality. That said, when it comes to a big ten network game, when viewed thru the Fox app the picture quality seems to suffer if it’s an alternate game like the Northern Illinois game. Low frame rate is noticeable to me. I think that on the BTN end. They are just terrible.
All of the Fox, ESPN, and BTN games are 60 FPS for me when they’re streamed.

Latest posts