Alabama v LSU rematch

I don't care what anyone says, but I think OSU is still in the NC hunt. Now...hear me out....hears why:

First, I think the coaches and AP will do whatever they can to have 2 conference champs in the title game--how silly would the BCS look for giving a non-conference, non-division team a chance at the NC?!?! If this happens (and assuming OSU wins in Bedlam) the conference champs will be LSU, OSU, Clemson, Oregon & BIG Champ. The BIG champ is out since they've lost at least twice which leaves LSU, OSU, Clemson & Oregon.

Second, I think the BCS knows that a re-match is not in it's best interest...what happens if Oregon wins...do we get a rubber match, etc.? So (and I know everyone will think i'm crazy) Oregon is out. Which leaves LSU, Clemson & OSU.

Given the circumstances which led up to Friday's defeat, I think a 2OT loss to a bowl eligible team on the road on the heels of one of the most tragic days in the history of OSU gets the Cowboys into the Championship (coupled of course with Clemson having already been dismantled by Georgia Tech and a weak ACC). However...they do have to beat OU first, but I think we could see LSU vs. OSU.

Latest posts