Alabama Offers Daviyon Nixon

I am sure that he will make the right decision and stay with the University of Iowa. If he wants to make a lot of money in the NFL the University of Iowa is the best choice for him, as Iowa has a proven track record of developing athletes, especially on the line, and those athletes go on to have successful NFL careers. Iowa's strength and conditioning program is top notch, plus Iowa runs a pro system. Both of those factors prepare players well for the NFL.

What %age of "sure" are you and while you're at it please provide some sort of evidence as to what makes you feel that way?

I'll be standing by. Well - sort of. :D

It'll be interesting to see how soon after he visits there (because is KF actually going to tell the kid he can't now?) he either reaffirms to Iowa or flips. KF has to realize that there are cases where he doesn't hold the trump card. Right now this kid has it. He's got the offer every kid that wants to play college football would like to have. Regardless of if you end up going there or not to say that Saban and Bama offered you is as good as it gets. So if Iowa wants any shot at him you have to let him visit. If he pulls that thread your just pushing him out the door.

Talented athletes get frustrated playing for Kirk...

Talented athletes thrive at Alabama...

Congratulations to him and his family for being sought by Bama...

Iowa needs him more...

Randy Peterson at the Register wrote that Campbell would only be interested in Ohio State, Penn State or Michigan! Good luck with that. LOL

Wow, Peterson is a complete dipshit. If we know anything it is that coaches should always jump when they can. If you wait even a year, more times that not there is a new hotness that comes around.

This isn’t going to end well. I bet KF isn’t happy about this tweet. Seems like something better handled between the coaching staff and player.

This isn’t going to end well. I bet KF isn’t happy about this tweet. Seems like something better handled between the coaching staff and player.

I was surprised to see it out there. You would think UI compliance has all the info straight but we'll see.

I was surprised to see it out there. You would think UI compliance has all the info straight but we'll see.

I’m sure they are right. You just have to be careful when dealing with a 18-19 year old kid who is obviously excited about getting a Bama offer. You don’t just slap him across the face and say, welp you don’t even get to enjoy that, cause you are already Iowa’s property.

I know that isn’t what the coaching staff is doing, but man this tweet might seem like that to this kid. I’m sure Iowa has contacted Bama and told them they are committing recruiting violations by contacting a signed player. No need to make all this so public in a tweet.

From what I've seen/heard, it isn't 100% confirmed that it's still a valid NLI. Either way, I'm sure Saban gets away with it.

From what I've seen/heard, it isn't 100% confirmed that it's still a valid NLI. Either way, I'm sure Saban gets away with it.

I've been talking about it on Twitter with some folks that cover recruiting. Nobody seems to know if the kid was able to enroll in August at Iowa and chose Iowa Western instead. If he could have enrolled at Iowa in August and didn't, it seems the NLI in signed with Iowa in February is binding. You would hope UI compliance wouldn't tweet something like this unless it was sure it still was binding.

Alabama has missed on several targeted DL's candidates this recruiting season and they're not deep at that position next year by what I read. I think they knew last week that they were going to miss out on another one (Bobby Brown) who just announced for Texas AM today. Recruiting being what recruiting is they moved down their list and found this fella named Nixon.

I'd bet Alabama knows well what they have done. I'll get concerned if I see Ferentz is taking a trip to western IA in the next few weeks. My guess is Nixon remains a Hawk.

Alabama has missed on several targeted DL's candidates this recruiting season and they're not deep at that position next year by what I read. I think they knew last week that they were going to miss out on another one (Bobby Brown) who just announced for Texas AM today. Recruiting being what recruiting is they moved down their list and found this fella named Nixon.

I'd bet Alabama knows well what they have done. I'll get concerned if I see Ferentz is taking a trip to western IA in the next few weeks. My guess is Nixon remains a Hawk.
Well if he compliance folks are correct, it's probably entirely up to Iowa if he ends up at Iowa. (This is assuming that Nixon doesn't appeal to NCAA and those criminals rule in his favor)

It is probably why the Western coach said Bama hadn't talked to him about Nixon. They were probably trying to keep it quiet.

The worst part about those about this is that if nixon gets swayed by the lights of Bama (which is what seems to be the case) we will let him out of his LOI. Kirk isn't going to take it out on the kid. So bama pulls a scumbag move and gets away with it