AJ Espensa ranked 2nd in his class by 247 Sports

Juan Harris shutting down his recruitment and claiming he's 100% Iowa doesn't hurt either. Harris and AJ would be the foundation of a very good defensive line.
I had not heard about Juan Harris shutting down his recruitment. That is fantastic news. 2017 could be a big year for recruiting.

I had not heard about Juan Harris shutting down his recruitment. That is fantastic news. 2017 could be a big year for recruiting.

He posted it on Twitter after the championship game....

[COLOR=#ABB8C2 !important] Pinned Tweet​

[/COLOR]​
Juan $ Harris@JH51_ Dec 7
I am going to shut down my recruiting process and stay 100% committed to Iowa university. Love my hawkeye family
1f4af.png
1f424.png
CVo-jHoUAAEch24.jpg

A.J. The red carpet is rolled out for you. National attention comes to Iowa and we have a solid history of sending people people to the NFL who use initials instead of full names.A.J. Edds, C.J Fed, soon to be C.J. Beathard.

Juan Harris shutting down his recruitment and claiming he's 100% Iowa doesn't hurt either. Harris and AJ would be the foundation of a very good defensive line.

I think it will add to the foundation laid by Lattimore and Golston. Don't remember which one it was, but they dominated in one of the summer camps with their quickness. Add McKnight, Schulte, and Simon to the mix, and hopefully we get 3 great players out of the 5 to be the foundation...adding in Harris and AJ. Also have Anthony Nelson, Slater and Reiff from the previous year, along with a couple of others. This should create a little bit of depth, which we could have used in the championship game.

He posted it on Twitter after the championship game....

[COLOR=#ABB8C2 !important] Pinned Tweet​

[/COLOR]​
Juan $ Harris@JH51_ Dec 7
I am going to shut down my recruiting process and stay 100% committed to Iowa university. Love my hawkeye family
1f4af.png
1f424.png
CVo-jHoUAAEch24.jpg

Wait, Harris is 375 lbs?! That's B.J. Raji territory. That is flipping massive. If this kid can develop the hand skills that King, Kroel, Luebke and many other DL's we've had, yikes.

Wait, Harris is 375 lbs?! That's B.J. Raji territory. That is flipping massive. If this kid can develop the hand skills that King, Kroel, Luebke and many other DL's we've had, yikes.

A lot of baby fat, but pretty damn athletic especially for his size. I can't wait to see what Doyle turns him into by his Jr. year.

Last edited:
Was posted by a participant on the 247 site early Thursday afternoon as a possible Sunday announcement.

Was posted by a participant on the 247 site early Thursday afternoon as a possible Sunday announcement.

KF posted it over there and was 100% correct. The only thing he was wrong about was there being a presser.

Latest posts