Aint Even Mad. Brah

STILLBUSTER

About Wednesday had the 'feeling". Plenty of reasons but wasn't in the mood for the attack and didn't want to be "that guy".
I GROSSLY oversestimated 2016 Hawks ability to overcome too many ? on OL, DE, Safety and OLB.
Let 2015 and another "soft" schedule cloud my head. Gotta scale back to 8 wins. That is, if all of above can get shored up.
Go Hawks. Here's to playing a cupcake, next week. Need a confidence booster to, hopefully, Get back on track.

Hawks absolutely must win next week. More importantly, they Must improve on the Oline and Safety play.

It's gonna take about 3 consecutive wins, and marked improvement for me to have confidence in a 9+ win season and a chance for the West.

About Wednesday had the 'feeling". Plenty of reasons but wasn't in the mood for the attack and didn't want to be "that guy".
I GROSSLY oversestimated 2016 Hawks ability to overcome too many ? on OL, DE, Safety and OLB.
Let 2015 and another "soft" schedule cloud my head. Gotta scale back to 8 wins. That is, if all of above can get shored up.
Go Hawks. Here's to playing a cupcake, next week. Need a confidence booster to, hopefully, Get back on track.

Only thing I can add is that CJB seems like he is one hit away from being out for the count.

Have to agree with the title and I was a moron that predicted 24-28 point win.

Serious over-estimation of Iowa.

Wife asked, you don't even seem mad.

After years of watching games like this it's like -- what's the point. Last season was the anomaly.

Hawks absolutely must win next week. More importantly, they Must improve on the Oline and Safety play.

It's gonna take about 3 consecutive wins, and marked improvement for me to have confidence in a 9+ win season and a chance for the West.

That's just it their blitz pick up has been terrible. It is like Pitt put out a blueprint last year and everyone has copied it since.

Few years ago I would be one irritable AH to be around after a loss but now I'm used to the roller-coaster of expectations and outcomes about Kirk Ferentz/Iowa Hawkeye football and so now I'm just chillin'.

We had the magical run last year so we should have known the football gods wouldn't shine on us two years in a row.

That's just it their blitz pick up has been terrible. It is like Pitt put out a blueprint last year and everyone has copied it since.

Lol, yep been a problem for 18 seasons. Can't get to there QB and every team finds a way to get to ours.!

Few years ago I would be one irritable AH to be around after a loss but now I'm used to the roller-coaster of expectations and outcomes about Kirk Ferentz/Iowa Hawkeye football and so now I'm just chillin'.

We had the magical run last year so we should have known the football gods wouldn't shine on us two years in a row.

I really thought it was going to happen, probably should have known better.

39c.jpg

Where do you see 6 more wins?

Rutgers & Purdue - 2 wins

Illinois, Northwestern, Minnesota, Penn State - 2 or 3 wins

Wisconsin, Michigan, Nebraska - 1 or 2 wins

Somewhere between 5 and 7 wins.

4 of the last 5 games are tough with Illinois possibly being a trap game. Iowa could look good for the next four games than drop off suddenly, especially if injuries pile up.

Playing cupcakes makes you fat and lazy.

after today's loss, I'm like ...."did last year really happen?" Kind seems like it was a dream and now we're back to typical Ferentz football.

after today's loss, I'm like ...."did last year really happen?" Kind seems like it was a dream and now we're back to typical Ferentz football.
Last year Kirk was coaching to keep his job. Now that Barta has taken away any chance of Kirk being fired, it is back to business as usual.

Today didn't change my opinion of the rest of the year at all. I've known for 15 years that we are capable of losing to anyone no matter how good we are. Wisconsin beat LSU then almost lost to Georgia State. It's pretty common in football and it's extremely common for Ferentz. We can still come out on top of a close game 9 straight times just as easily as if we would have won today. But you can't assume we will win them all just like you can't assume we will beat anyone convincingly. It's the way Kirk rules.

Today didn't change my opinion of the rest of the year at all. I've known for 15 years that we are capable of losing to anyone no matter how good we are. Wisconsin beat LSU then almost lost to Georgia State. It's pretty common in football and it's extremely common for Ferentz. We can still come out on top of a close game 9 straight times just as easily as if we would have won today. But you can't assume we will win them all just like you can't assume we will beat anyone convincingly. It's the way Kirk rules.

I just liked ur post, PC. I also HATE ur post, PC!

Latest posts