Aidan Shaw re-opens his recruitment

Go get him. Give him a scholly and a year’s living expenses. It’s legal and Ike it or not we need to start getting with the program

Not aware of one but will ask.

and as of this evening, Shaw has not heard from Iowa since reopening his recruitment
I get that they have been busy unlike most of the other teams he was looking at, but still need to reach out ASAP. Unless they think something crazy will happen with Keegan.

I thought I heard that the University of Texas has 5 NIL corporations set up but that seems like too many. Would be stepping on toes fighting each other.

Shaw has heard from Iowa State, he told me.

Iowa's scholarship situation is fluid.

Bohannon and Ash are done. Those scholarships will be filled by Bowen and Dix.

Rebraca is coming back.

I've heard Connor is thinking about coming back. If he does, Iowa is full unless someone else exits the program.

Shaw has heard from Iowa State, he told me.

Iowa's scholarship situation is fluid.

Bohannon and Ash are done. Those scholarships will be filled by Bowen and Dix.

Rebraca is coming back.

I've heard Connor is thinking about coming back. If he does, Iowa is full unless someone else exits the program.
The obvious being Keegan Murray... Even if Connor does come back Murray isn't and I'm surprised the coaches aren't conducting thigs accordingly.

The coaches might be looking at bigs. I’d be pretty surprised if they weren’t pounding the pavement.
That'd make sense. I don't think anyone got the feeling Josh O or Riley Mulvey are ready to play big mins next yr yet... And nobody should be satisfied with how Rebracca did. He did his best I think but he's just an under sized guy who's not crazy athletic playing out of position being asked to do what he can't. So an upgrade there should be looked at but heck if I know how that'd look.

I thought if a player uses his Covid year, his scholarship doesn't count against the total? So if he comes back, he wouldn't be one of the 13?

Last edited:
I think a one year center is probably the biggest need right now. Our guards and wings all have potential for next year. Center really needs an upgrade.

I think a one year center is probably the biggest need right now. Our guards and wings all have potential for next year. Center really needs an upgrade.
Too bad that Foster kid that went to ISU initially did that and got caught up in what he did... He's pretty much what we are in need of

I thought if a player uses his Covid year, his scholarship doesn't count against the total? So if he comes back, he wouldn't be one of the 13?

I think that was for this year. Don't know if that carries over to next year for someone like Rebraca. I'll check.

I think that was for this year. Don't know if that carries over to next year for someone like Rebraca. I'll check.
If it came down to it do you think Fran would pay Connor's tuition and give his scholarship to a transfer/recruit? Don't get me wrong, Connor has earned every bit of his scholarship, but I'm thinking if I was a bazillionaire I'd have a sit down with my kid and say, "hey..."

Unless being off scholarship means he doesn't get the same perks as everyone else such as facility access, meals, medical staff, etc...

Connor can certainly play without a schollie as Fran can pay his tuition.
I think walk-ons (which is what I imagine Connor would be considered) don't get all the same benefits that scholarship players do. At least that's the feel I got from Monte Pottebaum when he was back home a while ago. Maybe basketball is different...

There's certainly a possibility Connor could walk on. He did so his first year to make room for Nunge and Garza. He was the first one committed in the class.

And walk-ons do not get all of the perks provided to Scholarship players. But I'm not sure that would be a big deal to CM.