After two possessions I'm ready to crown Wisky

maxwellsmart_missed_it_by_that_much1.jpg

Last edited:
Rooting for Wisconsin is short term thinking. Wisconsin being in the NC is bad for Iowa. It's bad enough that it doesn't look like anyone in their division is going to challenge them.

Say what???

A Wisky win would have been the best thing for the league.....keeping a league team in the national spotlight, etc.

We now have to listen to all the anti-B1G pundits rattle on about how mediocre our league is, how a one-loss B1G team won't be considered for a NC, on and on...and it sickens me.

The league lost a lot last night with a Wisky loss. A lot.

Say what???

A Wisky win would have been the best thing for the league.....keeping a league team in the national spotlight, etc.

We now have to listen to all the anti-B1G pundits rattle on about how mediocre our league is, how a one-loss B1G team won't be considered for a NC, on and on...and it sickens me.

The league lost a lot last night with a Wisky loss. A lot.

What's good for the league isn't always good for Iowa. Who does Iowa recruit against the most? A NC Wisconsin team is bad for Iowa recruiting.

What's good for the league isn't always good for Iowa. Who does Iowa recruit against the most? A NC Wisconsin team is bad for Iowa recruiting.

Who has Iowa lost in head-to-head with them in the past 4 years?

Agreed. I don't really care about the Big Ten bashing, because I know that Iowa is the one team that's shown they can take care of business in bowl games. If we ever go undefeated and get jobbed out of a national title game berth, I guess I'll start worrying then. That's pretty far down on my list, though.

Melvin Gordon just last year, a top pro style qb Bart Houston this year. White two years ago.

That's just off the top of my head.

And our running game, sans injuries this year, is fine. Lots of young talent on the roster.

Vandy is excellent, probably better than Stanzi when it's all said and done.

Where we lack apparently, is on the defensive side of the ball for now.

Hoping Wisky loses so Iowa maybe gets a recruit from going to Wisky is short-sighted.

Having a nationally-prominent team in the national spotlight isn't.

Wisky going undefeated and getting jobbed out a chance of the title game would further push us to a much-needed playoff, or at the very least, +1 scenerio.

Last edited:
And our running game, sans injuries this year, is fine. Lots of young talent on the roster.

Vandy is excellent, probably better than Stanzi when it's all said and done.

Where we lack apparently, is on the defensive side of the ball for now.

Hoping Wisky loses so Iowa maybe gets a recruit from going to Wisky is short-sighted.

Having a nationally-prominent team in the national spotlight isn't.

Wisky going undefeated and getting jobbed out a chance of the title game would further push us to a much-needed playoff, or at the very least, +1 scenerio.

And there it is. This isn't about helping Iowa, this is about wanting a playoff. Just for the record, here's a list of Wisconisn commits just this year with an Iowa offer:

Dan Voltz -OT
Bart Houston-QB
Vince Biegel-LB
Vonte Jackson-RB

A few others this year who are still deciding:

Green-Beckham
Jordan Diamond
Amara Darboh
Tevin Coleman
Ian Thomas

And there it is. This isn't about helping Iowa, this is about wanting a playoff. Just for the record, here's a list of Wisconisn commits just this year with an Iowa offer:

Dan Voltz -OT
Bart Houston-QB
Vince Biegel-LB
Vonte Jackson-RB

Green-Beckham
Jordan Diamond
Amara Darboh
Tevin Coleman
Ian Thomas

Having an "offer" really doesn't mean anything. Those recruits probably had many. Gordan is the only one that comes to mind where we lost out on a switch-er-ooo....and that is no surprise...considering he was from Kenosha.

My whole premise is we need to think nationally. Again, having an undefeated Wisky team this year helps the league, thus helps Iowa. And yes, it would further push along the need for at least a +1.

Being p!ssed cuz we lost to them last year and hoping they lose is short-sighted.

What I also don't see is any rhetoric on players WE got who also had a Wisconsin offer. Anybody? Anybody?

Last edited:

Dan Voltz -OT
Bart Houston-QB
Vince Biegel-LB
Vonte Jackson-RB

Green-Beckham
Jordan Diamond
Amara Darboh
Tevin Coleman
Ian Thomas

There are many kids on the Iowa roster that had Wisconsin offers

My whole premise is we need to think nationally. Again, having an undefeated Wisky team this year helps the league, thus helps Iowa. And yes, it would further push along the need for at least a +1.

Why is that your premise? What does Iowa not currently get from a national perspective that it needs? We already get great bowl slots, television coverage, etc. As a whole, the Big Ten seems to be too busy counting its money to worry about talking heads complaining about the league's weaknesses. I really don't see the logic here.

anybody know if there has ever been and ending like that before where instant replay overturned the call on the field on the last play of the game? If there has been, not sure if it has been as big of game.

There are many kids on the Iowa roster that had Wisconsin offers

Yes there is. I would say that if you looked at both rosters a majority of the players on each roster had a scholarship from the other school.

Iowa and Wisconsin recruit the same types of players in the same areas for the most part and have done so for some time.

Putting your head in the sand and pretending that Wisconsin winning the national championship wouldn't hurt Iowa is just foolish.

In fact, what benefit would Iowa see from them winning? Better bowl games? Iowa can get into whatever bowl game they want due to fan following so long as they're eligible. More respect? Iowa winning is the only thing that's gonna get them respect.

In fact if it's respect you're looking for, a better ranked MSU team is what you should have been hoping for anyway.

Latest posts