After all the Portal Smoke clears

I'll admit I havent paid much attention to portal happenings in the past few days.

Seems like there was quite a bit of optimism for Robbins and all of a sudden everyone is doom and gloom again.

De he give some hints that he's not coming here? Or is it just the fact that he hasn't announced anything that makes people think he's not coming to IC?
I didn't see it myself, but a few others stated that Robbins was definitely going to Vandy, hanging on to the coat-tails of his uncle, according to the portal.

Also, Fran seems to be a bit more open to JC transfers nowadays, if they are the right fit.

I don't.

This guy has a stat, PRPG! that essentially rates players. General rule of thumb, a player from a Power 5 team with a 3 rating or higher is pretty good. He tries to adjust for level of competition but obviously it isn't perfect. For example, CJF, JBo, Weiskamp, and Garza were all over 3 (with Garza having a crazy 7.0 rating which is very, very high).

There are currently 25 players with a 3 rating or higher in the portal. There are 75 with a 2 rating or higher. Solomon Young from ISU last year was a 2.6 and he's basically the definition of a totally fringe starter. Rasir Bolton is the 11st best transfer on the market.

Point is, there just isn't a lot of quality despite the quantity.
Some kids take longer to develop their game. There's no reason to believe some of them, given more PT, won't be vastly better next year, despite being labeled a 2** star or less. A coach with an eye for spotting talent might be able to see this and bring in a player with good upside [portal or JC.].

Some kids take longer to develop their game. There's no reason to believe some of them, given more PT, won't be vastly better next year, despite being labeled a 2** star or less. A coach with an eye for spotting talent might be able to see this and bring in a player with good upside [portal or JC.].
I was doing Fun analytics part, here's my screenshot; 1618700704736.png

I didn't see it myself, but a few others stated that Robbins was definitely going to Vandy, hanging on to the coat-tails of his uncle, according to the portal.

Also, Fran seems to be a bit more open to JC transfers nowadays, if they are the right fit.
It seems unusual. But he’s definitely not riding coattails. He’s had success at both Drake and Minnesota and had plenty of options. He may have anxiety issues or something. Who knows. He seemed like a decent kid on the court.

That's not what people are complaining about though. Nobody really cares about the 7th or 8th man in transferring.

I'd be curious to see how many transfers of good prospects players happen where they 1. got good playing time and 2. the coach didn't get fired. It's probably in the single digits.