“Iowa just doesn’t have quite the appeal we’re used to.â€￾

Hawks MN... Not cool, man. We've got our problems down here, but things are improving overall...strong economy, fantastic, unique culture, improving race relations, beautiful, interesting people that match the architecture, great food and exciting football. We aren't all Duck Dynasty or Swamp People, dude. Also, A Baton Rouge suburb was recently named as second in a list of the most booming economic areas in the country.

The fact that you even mention this is disturbing and makes me glad that I don't live there. Wow.

If you guys think ESPN has the pulse of Tiger Nation, that is wrong.
We do not take you guys lightly. This is a pick'em game for me.

From your keyboard to God's mind. If we can be in this game in 4th quarter, I will consider it a "success".

There is clearly a talent difference at skill positions. Our biggest advantage is our LB trio. And while our secondary has improved, we have not faced a set of WRs like LSUs, let alone a single WR that good.

We cannot stop the run. You guys have trouble with big time receivers. I sure hope the lights are not too bright for a frosh qb with all of one drive under his belt.......hope his legs work good that day!!!

We cannot stop the run. You guys have trouble with big time receivers. I sure hope the lights are not too bright for a frosh qb with all of one drive under his belt.......hope his legs work good that day!!!

Iowa has trouble with big time receivers? We haven't played against any !

Phil Parker has a lot different philosophy that Norm Parker. Phil will bring the blitz to compensate. I expect the hawks to blitz a lot in this game with LSU. Rush the QB is the new way Iowa plays.

Am pretty sure you will see a bunch of qb draws now that we have a qb that can run, but we will miss Mett's arm.

Here are some facts on Louisiana that I found. Sad that you consider this an improvement.

Obesity rate- 8th highest

Median household income- 7th lowest

% below poverty line- 3rd highest

Only about 80% of adults have a high school diploma.

Also rank near the bottom of adults with associates, bachelors or professional degrees.

HawksMN wasn't that far off on his assessment of LA.

But at least, as you said, you have exciting football.

Not to pile on but I believe Louisiana also has the highest murder rate and I think it is by a wide margin. Not to say there isn't good people there, bc I know there is.

I think it is a good matchup for both teams and should be a good game. I actually give LSU an edge bc Iowa has no idea what to prepare for at qb for LSU. Look
Forward to it.

I particularly found this one funny:

Datbayoubengal
LSU Fan
Port City
Member since Sep 2009
7365 posts

re: I'm trying to understand LSU Fan logic here (Posted on 12/9/13 at 5:07 pm to Golfer)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Iowa is bland football and has no players worth seeing. Michigan, I could see Gardner, Gallon, Toussaint, Funchess, Green. I'm still going to watch because LSU football, but the opponent is meh.

I'm not the one who complains if we get a fun opponent though, no matter the bowl.

Soooo you can name that many players off of a team Iowa beat, yet no players on Iowa are worth seeing hahaha. Geniuses.

Last edited:
I would much rather live in iowa (and have), than live in that arm pit state LA. What a poor hell hole.

Lol. This actually made me laugh. You're beyond ignorant, bud. I'll hold my tongue on Iowa.

Issue is, we've played in 3 NCG in the past decade + tons of Top 10 opponents. I understand why many are not excited for Iowa. I think it's a pretty cool match up as Iowa is a team LSU never plays and we'll have a good chance at redeeming ourselves after that unmentionable game.

Lol. This actually made me laugh. You're beyond ignorant, bud. I'll hold my tongue on Iowa.

Issue is, we've played in 3 NCG in the past decade + tons of Top 10 opponents. I understand why many are not excited for Iowa. I think it's a pretty cool match up as Iowa is a team LSU never plays and we'll have a good chance at redeeming ourselves after that unmentionable game.

That's fine, but LSU rarely plays Michigan or Nebraska, and Iowa beat the crap out of both of those teams. So you'll have to excuse us if we find the "we wish we were playing Nebraska or Michigan" stance coming from LSU fans to be kind of puzzling.

That's fine, but LSU rarely plays Michigan or Nebraska, and Iowa beat the crap out of both of those teams. So you'll have to excuse us if we find the "we wish we were playing Nebraska or Michigan" stance coming from LSU fans to be kind of puzzling.

Mich has nothing going for them in recent years, same with Nebraska so I do agree with you.

Latest posts