Adrian Clayborn signs fully guaranteed contract.

I would like officially announce that I look forward to being drafted by the Bucs in the near future...preferably 6pm (CST) today. Thank you...

Is that 8.2M per year? 2.05M per seems low to me even though it is guaranteed.

That is total, so around $2.05 per year guaranteed. To compare, last year's 20th pick, Kareem Jackson, signed a 5 year, $13.1 million deal with Houston with $10.35 million guaranteed. However, the new labor deals assure more money for vets and less for rookies, so the slight drop is not unexpected.

Is that 8.2M per year? 2.05M per seems low to me even though it is guaranteed.

New rookie payscale, brah. The union voted on it before the rookies were admitted to the union. Everyone's slotted now based on a formula. Downside is less money, upside is it's guaranteed. I think the union was getting angry when the first few picks each year were amongst the highest paid at their position every year without ever taking a snap. I think the owners basically told the union "here's your pot of money, figure out how to split it up" and the union reps thought to themselves "Hmm, who is more deserving of a huge payday, JaMarcus Russell on his first day in camp or me?" I fear that if it drives down pay for rookies, guys will have an incentive to stay longer to move up the draft boards which will mean teams like OSU will have fewer junior year defections.

I think it will have the opposit impact. because there will be less of a difference between first round and third round money players will want to come out as soon as they are assured of being drafted so they can get through that first contract ASAP.

I think it will have the opposit impact. because there will be less of a difference between first round and third round money players will want to come out as soon as they are assured of being drafted so they can get through that first contract ASAP.

I think that is what guys did in the NBA. They had the 3 year rookie contracts, so players would jump early to get the first contract out of the way as quick as possible. Of course, many of them aren't good enough to get to the money at the end of the rainbow, but oh well, the world needs ditch diggers too.

And for any rookie that plays well their first few years means they hit the FA market usually a year earlier which means more straight cash homey!

According to Adam Schefter, Clayborn signed today for 4 years and $8.2 million. His contract is fully guaranteed.

Twitter

Good for Adrian.

May he he remain injury free, make the all rookie team and the pro bowl bowl in his 2nd, 3rd and 4th year. ( All the while doing some good volunteer work)

After year 4 he signs another guaranteed contract for 6 years, all-guaranteed for $30 million. He continues to perform at an all PRO BOWL level and is part of 2 Super Bowl winning teams.

After 10 years he has lot's left... but quits the game.... and decides to pursue other interests.

He is elected in his first year of eligibility in the Pro Football Hall Fame.

In the meantime and forever he has a good life and shares his wealth and success with all of those less privileged.

I think that is what guys did in the NBA. They had the 3 year rookie contracts, so players would jump early to get the first contract out of the way as quick as possible. Of course, many of them aren't good enough to get to the money at the end of the rainbow, but oh well, the world needs ditch diggers too.

I love the Caddyshack reference!

judge-smails.jpg

Congrats to Adrian,and his family. Thanks for coming back,Adrian,even tho it did probably cost you some money. Take care of your momma,as she watched over you so well. And save 50% of your money,and you can have a good secure life. Glad that you are on your way. Adrian will always be a favorite Hawk for me,as good a person off the field as on.

Latest posts