Adrian Clayborn Medical Issues?

I believe he had a heart condition as a child, and some thought he couldn't play any sports. Not 100% on this though.

Actually I remember he had Bell's Palsy or something like that, can't remember exactly what it was. From what I remember hearing, he is not as strong in one arm, or he will occasionally lose feeling or something to that effect. I wonder how good he would be if he didn't have that.

Thanks for the link. Great article. What an outstanding and supportive family and it really makes one appreciate Adrian's accomplishments even more. Hope he has an injury-free season. He could have been in an NFL camp this summer.

What the heck??? Somebody help me out here please--- he is ok? does he have issues now?? good lord we can't be having any of this!

He's fine, read the article. It is from last Fall, and it talks about how he has overcome his problem.

When I was in High School i had a condition in which one arm was significantly stronger than the other... though in my case the condition was caused by vigirous and repetitive excercise.

Personally I don't think it is an issue. I only mentioned it because the draft can be such a dirty business. A team that covets Clayborn may circulate it to try to get him to drop to their spot.
Some reporter doing a "Human Interest" story may bring it up thinking it is a new angle also. If Kiper, Mayock, or McShay need an excuse to drop Clayborn down their board this would be a convient excuse to do so. "League sources tell us they are scared off by a medical issue" etc., etc.

Actually I remember he had Bell's Palsy or something like that, can't remember exactly what it was. From what I remember hearing, he is not as strong in one arm, or he will occasionally lose feeling or something to that effect. I wonder how good he would be if he didn't have that.
Bells palsy is not somethign that would restrict playing. My wife had it. Perhaps he had Erbs palsy.

HAVe you guys really not noticed how weak his R arm is. He is constantly guarding it. Sometimes you will notice he tackles players with only one arm. In the Orange Bowl when the GT player ran backwards and almost got a safety and Sash, Angerer and Clayborn all had a shot at him, Clayborn missed the tackle because his R arm was weak.

I was at the basketball game when the Orange Bowl MVP trophy was presented to Clayborn. A little guy handed it to him and you could tell AC had trouble lifting it because of his R arm.

You do wonder what kind of player he would be if he didn't have it. I don't know if it would make a big difference because most of his leverage is with his left side but you have to think it makes a difference.

When I was in High School i had a condition in which one arm was significantly stronger than the other... though in my case the condition was caused by vigirous and repetitive excercise.

I don't care who you are, that there is some funny $h!t:)

Latest posts