Additional year of eligibility for spring athletes

Butkus051

I am pushing the idea that any athlete in a spring sport (i.e. track, softball, tennis, baseball, rowing or golf) should receive another year of eligibility. Don't know if it'll have any impact but perhaps it plants an idea with someone.

It's sad for all the seniors that have worked so hard to achieve their goals and won't get the opportunity to try. It's better to be safe than sorry but I feel bad for them.

I'd also like to see her back to set a lot more records.

The granting of additional years of eligibility for those athletes who completed their regular seasons (i.e. basketball, wrestiing, gymnastics, swimming, etc) would not only be a hard sell to the NCAA but would also place a demand on what most certainly would be strained resources. Any sport which had finished its regular season would not be eligible. in the case of Laulauga's situation, she should receive a additional year of eligibility for the outdoor season only and not the indoor season. (which is completed) Note: I'd love to give additional eligibility to everyone but its just not feasible.

Latest posts