Adam Woodbury

He recognized this a long time ago....I am not going to give him kudos or pat on him back, he found a role, found a niche, good for him. He is a senior, it is what you expect find a role and contribute.

Maybe you should give him some Kudos and a pat on the back... He deserves it.

Team is so much better with him on the floor.

Maybe you should give him some Kudos and a pat on the back... He deserves it.

Team is so much better with him on the floor.

ehhhh, I am not an AW apologist or hater...... He is a senior that has found a role, a niche......good for him.

Woody is doing what he's been doing for 4 years. He should be given credit for working on his defense and this year in particular for limiting his fouls. He'll never be the player we hoped but maybe that's our fault for putting unrealistic expectations on him.

It's not his fault he can't jump any more than it's my fault I'm over a foot shorter than him...who also can't jump.

I really really thought we'd be in big trouble in the middle this year when Gabe graduated (How nice it could have been if he'd of red-shirted)...anyway...

...I thought Woody would foul out early and often, be sitting for 2/3 of the games, and perhaps not be in condition enough to play well if he stayed in the game....

....I have been proven wrong. Woody hasn't fouled out, isn't in constant 3-4 foul predicaments and plays his role to a T. If you noticed today, when Purdue decided to sell out to guard Uthoff, Woody burned them twice inside.

Total team player. Totally needed for a deep NCAA run.

Listened to Woody in the post game and he's a guy that knows and understands his role.

He wants to help create shots for guys like Uthoff and Jok, rebound, convert around the rim and make free throws when he gets to the line.

He knows he's not a scorer and never will be and he doesn't have to be.

Exactly. The guy knows his limits and does a fantastic job of playing within himself. Woody is not a superstar, but he's a valuable piece of this team's puzzle.

Woody has developed "a presence" on the court !
He AND the coaches have discovered - through practice and improved footwork, that Adam CAN score off pick and rolls, screens, screen drifts, and weakside cuts. JU helps facilitate that usually along with Gessel. Addionally, AW has picked up a reverse pivot with his back to the basket. He seems comfortable using either hand on the reverse roll under the basket. Finally, he is enjoying much improved free throws and a touch on his ten-twelve foot jumper ( set shot ) . Defensively, AW doesn't pick up three or four silly fouls. At times, he actually blocks out and even fights to defend the post up guys and use strong legs to front the big guys. Much better this year with great hustle, toughness, and added offensive skills. Even passing the ball, he finally uses BOTH HANDS instead of a weak one hand push pass. AW is now big ten material and is surrounded with outside shooters. AW equals leader on the floor. Good job coaches...your efforts on AW development is paying dividends. AW starting to RULE!!

I'm happy for the guy. He hasn't lived up to the 5* hype, but he's turned into a solid big ten player. If Iowa can make a run in March he'll leave Iowa and go down as a decent big man.

I saw that too. Watching the highlights he seems to have really improved the way he moves. Not how I remembered him from his Hawkeye days. Better touch and footwork around the basket.

Also happy to see that we brought back a 3 year old thread to bring this current highlight video to the board for discussion.

He looks like Godzilla out there.

giphy.gif

With a purposeful grimace and a terrible sound he pulls the spitting high tension wires down.

Nope, Woody can't reach those wires with his limited vertical, so that won't work.

Latest posts