Adam Gettis: done for year

In recent years we didn't have this defensive front 7. Persa will be able to roast a marshmallow while waiting for someone to break open. Either that or Norm will decide to sell out for the blitz.

In recent years we didn't have this defensive front 7. Persa will be able to roast a marshmallow while waiting for someone to break open. Either that or Norm will decide to sell out for the blitz.

My point was that we didn't get it done in recent years, because our offense wasn't able to score in the 20s. That's really important against a team like NW. For one, it means your defense isn't defending against 50 plays a half (like last year's second half against nw).

I agree with your point about our defensive front. We'll have a tough time, particularly if our offense cannot sustain drives and put some real points on the board.

It took me all this time to open this thread because I couldn't bring myself to read about Gettis' injury. Damn you tm! Well, it was a good laugh when I actually read it anyway. Something I needed :)

Persa is a living nightmare for Iowa. He is use to beating us and no matter how the game unfolds he will always feel he can bring his team a victory over us. As stated, he will have all day to throw. No, Norm won't blitz more than a few times, and that won't happen until we are down by 14-17 pts. Fitzgerald and Persa both will know this. Its standard operating procedure for our coaching staff. To counter this, Ferentz needs to unleash the hurry up offense. Its the ONLY way for us to win.

Persa will throw 40 + times in this game. NW has no running game since they lost their best back to injury. As such, I think they will put up 35+ on us this game. To keep pace the O has to be cut loose.

Here's to hoping Kirk and Norm see the reality of our talent level and respond correctly by shaking things up. Otherwise it's going to be another horrible weekend.

Didnt Vandervelde say something during a presser during ISU week a few years back?

IIRC, he said something along the lines of "I hate ISU." Maybe not those exact words, but something to that effect. I don't think he guaranteed a win.

KF: this is how you do it son, "I guarantee that we will do everything possible to keep this game close then hope our opponent makes a mistake late in the game that will award the victory to us."

Last edited:
IIRC, he said something along the lines of "I hate ISU." Maybe not those exact words, but something to that effect. I don't think he guaranteed a win.

Yeah. I was responding to Nicholson thinking that Barr was the last Iowa player to say something like that in front of the media. I didnt think Julian guaranteed a win but did remember him saying something.

The sad part is we have the talent to put up 42, just not the coaching staff. If by some stroke of luck we get a 10 point lead, KF will shut the offense down and play not to lose (again). We can't run the ball against anybody and only play one RB ahhh FB, so I am not sure how seriously I can take the staff at this point. Why recruit all these kids, take their redshirts off, then let them waste away on the sidelines? If this is a rebuilding year, then let's see some new guys get some reps.

You are full of crap,you know that right?
Coker averaged 4.3 yds per carry vs PSU...you have a problem with that?
We called pass plays 46 out of 64 plays vs PSU,that is over 70% passes,you have a problem with that? You want 90% passes?

We put up over 30pts in each of the first 4 games for the first time in Iowa history...you got a problem with that?

You have shown your immense lack of knowledge in both football and bb now...you should head for the wrestling board to score the trifecta.

Two glaring examples of what is wrong in sports journalism these days...

Idiotic and misleading thread title.

Reporting rumors/2nd-hand information as facts.