According to the DMR ISU signed 36 football recruits

eyekwah

"Touting 36 signees from his first Iowa State recruiting class on Wednesday, the 36-year-old head coach offered proof of his passion and plans for change, evidence Cyclone football fans are anxious to see."

Thirty Six is well over the 25 number frequently used by the NCAA. Rhoads seemed to have a number over 25 as well. Looks like Campbell is cutting some players or a bunch are transferring or dropping out.

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/st...mpact-recruits-well-see-soon-enough/79839266/

Well I guess that answers the question for Clown fans. I mean they all try to say that they had the talent, they had the talent, but Matt Campbell sure doesn't think they have the talent. The teams sucked talent wise the last 3 years, that is why Rhoads couldn't win. Campbell knows that and is trying to replace nearly 1/2 the scholarship players.

Wtf? Really? That program is a mess and this new coach is a ******. And the DSM rag and McDonald's just eat it up.

"Touting 36 signees from his first Iowa State recruiting class on Wednesday, the 36-year-old head coach offered proof of his passion and plans for change, evidence Cyclone football fans are anxious to see."

Thirty Six is well over the 25 number frequently used by the NCAA. Rhoads seemed to have a number over 25 as well. Looks like Campbell is cutting some players or a bunch are transferring or dropping out.

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/st...mpact-recruits-well-see-soon-enough/79839266/

Could that have been a typo and it was supposed to be 26?

Also read the SI article about Iowa and Uthoff. It mentioned how JU was at Wisconsin but then transferred to Iowa. To paraphrase, it said "Once Uthoff got to Ames, he really started to feel comfortable in Fran's system". Oops.

It must be a typo...

Rivals has them with 28...

Scout has them 29...

24/7 also has them with 29...

So if it's not a typo it could be a total including walk-ons.

Also read the SI article about Iowa and Uthoff. It mentioned how JU was at Wisconsin but then transferred to Iowa. To paraphrase, it said "Once Uthoff got to Ames, he really started to feel comfortable in Fran's system". Oops.

I think they're just talking about the first half of this year's game...

I kid.

Last edited:
I think they had some kids start classes this (spring) semester, which would count against last year's scholarship total.

Not sure that would make up the difference. Maybe there will be some encouraged attrition also.

Keep in mind, I have no knowledge of recruiting whatsoever.

I wonder if it includes JUCO's. I don't think the recruiting sites include those?? I don't know.

Campbell talked about getting 8 recruits from the State of Iowa, but only 1 got a scholarship. So I'll bet the number includes walk-ons and/or greyshirts.

I caught that as well. Most sportswriters are not members of Mensa.

Imagine how many recruits he could get if he wasn't always sleeping on the job. The guy can't even stay awake to make a video.

and so it begins, today senior wide receiver Dvario Montgomery was dismissed and running back Joshua Thomas will be transferring

Latest posts