According to Crean

Lick should get credit...for being such a disaster of a coach that we actually have guys who know what they're doing in the program now! Thanks Todd!

Crean talked about the players recruited by TL and how they made up this team.

I too was taken aback, but it was nothing more than coach speak, nothing to get worked up over.....a non-event comment, it meant nothing!

That is unlike any "coach speak" I have heard. Coach speak would be to have 100% Lick guys and say that McCaffrey coached a great game, not the other way around. That is bush league, God I hope it was an accident or else he may need to go put some more blush on.

The stat that stuck me about Crean (mentioned on the broadcast) is that his winning percentage at Indiana was something like 31%-- which is already lower than Fran's. I know he had a tough situation when he got there, but was his situation any tougher than Fran's? It's the same way I felt about RichRod at Michigan-- no matter how bare the cupboard was when you got there, no matter the recruiting restrictions, no matter the injuries-- you're at Indiana! How can you only win 30% of your games? That's actually worse than Lickliter was at Iowa, and he was historically awful.

I know he'll be around for at least another year, and I hope he stays forever. But I just don't see how there's any excuse for that at a program like Indiana.

That would be the definition of being a POOR LOSER!

THIS. It takes a complete ****** to make a statement like that. It won't be much longer and Crean will be joining Lick in a coaching nexus. Too wealthy to coach girls high school basketball and too ****** to coach anything better.

Crean will stay. He has Zeller coming and Rivers leaving (a bit of a problem on the team from what I heard).

Props to OP....

I was totally blown away by Crean's comments crediting Todd L. That had to be either a display of his stupidity or a direct slap at Coach Fran. Either way what a D-Bag.

Basabe and Cartwright were recruits that Fran brought in. Others were recruited under Alford.

Coach Fran do not forget this as well as that punk # 10 that who thought he was god's gift to basketball because he dunked over Basabe.

I have a feeling there is bad blood between Crean and Fran. If Crean gave us any credit in the postgame presser I missed it. Fran returned the favor by talking about everything we did right. The closest he came to giving them any credit was mentioning the incredible atmosphere. This is going to be a fun rivalry.

Props to OP....

I was totally blown away by Crean's comments crediting Todd L. That had to be either a display of his stupidity or a direct slap at Coach Fran. Either way what a D-Bag.

Basabe and Cartwright were recruits that Fran brought in. Others were recruited under Alford.

Coach Fran do not forget this as well as that punk # 10 that who thought he was god's gift to basketball because he dunked over Basabe.

That dunk and self promotion taunting after it was the turning point in this game. I loved how Fran kept going to Basabe to get Sheehe(sp?)#10 in foul trouble and out of the game. Have not seen such poor sportsmanship in a game since Michigan State last season. Indiana was very unclassy today. Also, why no foul was called on the Indiana player for smacking Basabe in the face is beyond me. The couple times Iowa has accidentally bopped someone in the face it has been a technical.

I absolutely love that Fran is the Hawkeye coach! The fire is getting hotter!

I have a feeling there is bad blood between Crean and Fran. If Crean gave us any credit in the postgame presser I missed it. Fran returned the favor by talking about everything we did right. The closest he came to giving them any credit was mentioning the incredible atmosphere. This is going to be a fun rivalry.

If I were Fran, I would have been peeved about Crean fouling down by 15 with 30 seconds in the game at Carver. Whatever the reason, they don't seem to be fans of each other.

If I were Fran, I would have been peeved about Crean fouling down by 15 with 30 seconds in the game at Carver. Whatever the reason, they don't seem to be fans of each other.

The more I read about him the more I see Crean is a *********. I don't know what's wrong with that guy.

The few times Crean does win, his face is full of arrogance and reminds me of Alford. He is not only a bad loser, he is a bad winner. Didn't he become a great coach based upon a team with Wade on it? Geesh... alot of coaches would look good in that situation.
We Iowa fans are taking jabs from Indiana fans for not supporting Lickliter... but our non-support had him removed for a better future. Indiana fans continue to support this guy Crean... years of losing, and last place finishes.

Many Iowa fans are even saying how great it is the Indiana fans are for filling up the home games and being so supportive. I say it is great for a different reason. The same reason Izzo wanted Lickliter to stick around. Until Crean gets his Wade, I don't expect much to change and if he does, Crean will take all the credit and have that incredible self loving smirk on his face in the closing minutes. Don't like him one bit.

Crean talked about the players recruited by TL and how they made up this team.

I too was taken aback, but it was nothing more than coach speak, nothing to get worked up over.....a non-event comment, it meant nothing!

If this is true, he's a moran.

I kept thinking during that second half how Basabe and Cartwright were the two guys making plays when everyone else disapeared. Without those two we lose by 20.

He may have thought he was just sticking up for a friend, but Fran doesn't seem like the type for forget a comment of this nature.

If this is true, he's a moran.
:):)
moran.jpg

Though I don't believe Lickliter was a bad coach I do believe he was the wrong coach for Iowa. But he did develop Cole, Gatens, May, and others. I believe Fran is still the one that deserves the credit. My hope is that Jacobsen at UNI figures out he should stay where he can have success because his style is great for 2nd tier schools but McDermott and Lickliter showed it doesn't work well at Iowa and ISU.

Great win Hawkeyes! who cares what Crean says, we swept the Hoosiers, and that is all that matters. Call me a dreamer but Fran reminds me of a younger Lute Olsen. For us old farts Lute came to Iowa and changed the entire mind set, he was not interested in making friends with other coaches, refs, or even announcers. Midnight Lute cared about one thing winning. Go get them Fran!

Latest posts