ACC/B1G Challenge Games Thread

I'm a firm believer I would be happy as long as we are winning...

But winning 90 some to 80 some sure beats 48-38.

I don't want to take away credit from UNC but this doesn't look like a Tom Izzo coached MSU team.

They are taking 3 point shots early in the shot clock with 1 pass after they cross half court.

I know Sparty will run but they usually don't make these type of mental mistakes.

Purdue looks like they are going to finish. Neb is looking good to win (but not looking good mind you). MSU, man who would have thunk they would have the problems tonight.

I don't want to take away credit from UNC but this doesn't look like a Tom Izzo coached MSU team.

They are taking 3 point shots early in the shot clock with 1 pass after they cross half court.

I know Sparty will run but they usually don't make these type of mental mistakes.
MSU is a team with tremendous talent but they don't play great TEAM basketball. A lot of ego's on that team to manage for Izzo. I love how Fran has Iowa playing TEAM ball. Guys are more than happy to get an assist or give up minutes so long as the Team gets the W.

I don't know how a talent like Dawson can disappear like he does. I wonder if the flu is running through the entire team, but the kid who was to have been out has probably been their brightest light.

I thought virginia was awful myself

Agree with this. Wisconsin is very good defensively, but they were also playing against a sad excuse of an offense. I've seen a lot of teams miss a lot of lay ups before, but I don't think I've seen a team struggle to hit the rim on layups as much as Virginia did tonight. Those two teams shot a combined 26/99 on field goals, 6/34 on threes, and over a 22 minute span in the middle of the game Virginia scored 8 points and shot 2/25. Yes, 8% from the field.

Agree with this. Wisconsin is very good defensively, but they were also playing against a sad excuse of an offense. I've seen a lot of teams miss a lot of lay ups before, but I don't think I've seen a team struggle to hit the rim on layups as much as Virginia did tonight. Those two teams shot a combined 26/99 on field goals, 6/34 on threes, and over a 22 minute span in the middle of the game Virginia scored 8 points and shot 2/25. Yes, 8% from the field.

It is games like that turn people off from college basketball. I prefer college sports to pro because of the emotion but that wasn't basketball.

It is games like that turn people off from college basketball. I prefer college sports to pro because of the emotion but that wasn't basketball.

Well I went to a DIII school so I only have adopted teams I root for but yes I would prefer a high scoring game as well. Most definitely.

However I will say that if you only looked at the final score that you'd say that was a boring game but it was actually a competitive and fun game to watch, even both of the announcers said so as much several times.

There just wasn't anything easy. The missed shots were do to players taking shots they didn't appear comfortable taking due to defense.

Latest posts