ABC Coverage Map for Iowa-Nebraska

Millitarily it would be easy to infiltrate the Omaha area and take over the affiliates. The difficult thing would be to find anyone willing to actually fight over land in Nebraska.:p

That's true...why would we want the extra work of maintaining their corn sprinklers anyway...Mission: Aborted :(

Is there any map showing what game will be on ESPN?

My channel guide only says either Iowa-Wisconsin or Georgia Tech-Clemson. If those asshats decide to put that game on and only show Iowa in standard def I need to make plans to go somewhere and watch it and I'll be ******..

Ok, I found it..apparently nobody who doesn't have the game on ABC has to watch in standard def? That doesn't seem right. I thought my days of having to go to a bar to watch the games were behind me. Aarrgghh.

101023_330pm2.jpg

I will be on vacation in San Diego this weekend and was worried that I would not be able to see the game. Glad you posted this. Anyone know any Hawk friendly places to watch the game in SD?

Actually there is a bar owned by a huge Hawkeye fan, I have friends in SD and they have sent me pictures of the bar. Will try to find out the name for ya.

for those of you south of sioux city, that stinks. when i moved to sioux city i was worried this was husker country, but there is a really strong hawk base here.

Ok, I found it..apparently nobody who doesn't have the game on ABC has to watch in standard def? That doesn't seem right. I thought my days of having to go to a bar to watch the games were behind me. Aarrgghh.

101023_330pm2.jpg

gohawkz,

Who is your cable/satellite provider? I have Comcast and we have a separate ESPN channel for SD and HD. I think most cable providers are like that. If you have DirecTV or Dish Network, the channel numbers for the SD broadcast are indicated below the map.

You shouldn't have to go to a bar unless I am missing something.

Go Hawks!

We've heard this song and dance from ESPN before, only to have ESPNews on or the game blacked out. What's more than likely going to happen is that the game will be on ESPN2 in standard def.

You need to move to satellite, and you will get ESPN2 in HD. Your cable provider obviously sucks.

As a HD snob, I say to watch any Hawk game in standard def, would be a crime. It is incumbent upon you to switch! ;):D

It wasn't the case for an Iowa game, but during the bye week on Direct TV, they showed the North Carolina versus Clemson game in HD and the Michigan versus Michigan State game (the game I WANTED) in SD on an alternate channel. I was pretty miffed at this and am worried that somehow they are going to DIKK us again with the GT game....

Pretty interesting to me that the Iowa-Wisc game gets the entire west coast over OKSt and Nebby. 65% to 20% just shows the power of the Bigten when the rankings (and following) are very similar

Pretty interesting to me that the Iowa-Wisc game gets the entire west coast over OKSt and Nebby. 65% to 20% just shows the power of the Bigten when the rankings (and following) are very similar

Big Ten power? I was thinking just the opposite because everyone who doesn't have the Iowa game on ABC won't get to watch it in HD.

Apparently they think that 2 unranked teams like Georgia Tech and Clemson is a more attractive game then ours? I don't understand the logic but they are and it's the first game in years that I won't be able to watch at home.

They did the same thing with Michigan-Michigan State. Seems like the Big Ten is losing favor with them, not gaining it.

You need to move to satellite, and you will get ESPN2 in HD. Your cable provider obviously sucks.

As a HD snob, I say to watch any Hawk game in standard def, would be a crime. It is incumbent upon you to switch! ;):D

This isn't true. Anybody who doesn't live where the Iowa game is on ABC will have the Clemson-Georgia Tech game on ESPN2. The Iowa game will be on some other channel and NOT in HD.

This isn't true. Anybody who doesn't live where the Iowa game is on ABC will have the Clemson-Georgia Tech game on ESPN2. The Iowa game will be on some other channel and NOT in HD.

This is how I understand it and it sucks. I would rather the game was on the BTN.

It wasn't the case for an Iowa game, but during the bye week on Direct TV, they showed the North Carolina versus Clemson game in HD and the Michigan versus Michigan State game (the game I WANTED) in SD on an alternate channel. I was pretty miffed at this and am worried that somehow they are going to DIKK us again with the GT game....

This is exactly how it is going to play out. These maps and directions are the most confusing thing ever. It says at the bottom of the map that the Iowa game will be on ESPN SD, but that ESPN News HD will be on ESPN HD??? WTF does that even mean?

Except for the fact that ESPN will only make the game available on their SD feed.

Not sure why it matters either way we are on national tv so who cares how you get the coverage you get it. This is not the old days when only certain areas saw the game so not an issue anymore.

Not sure why it matters either way we are on national tv so who cares how you get the coverage you get it. This is not the old days when only certain areas saw the game so not an issue anymore.

National TV doesn't mean squat when you are going against three other games all in HD. The "ONLY" fans that will be watching the Iowa/Wisky game in SD are Iowa and Wisky fans. No other casual or college football fan will watch our game when they can easily watch LSU/Auburn in HD on CBS and Nebraska/OSU in HD on ABC and Clemson/GT in HD on ESPN.

Not to mention that HD games are the norm now and fans purchased HDTVs in large part because of the marketing push by sports networks. This would be OK in 2006, but not 2010.

I will be on vacation in San Diego this weekend and was worried that I would not be able to see the game. Glad you posted this. Anyone know any Hawk friendly places to watch the game in SD?

The Name of the bar is PACIFIC BEACH ALEHOUSE. It is located at 721 Grand Avenue in San Diago CA 92109

It is located right on the beach and they also have great food.

Quite complaining about HD, good grief. It used to be we couldn't even WATCH the game because we lived out of state.

The fact of the matter is then entire country can watch this game if they want to.

Quite complaining about HD, good grief. It used to be we couldn't even WATCH the game because we lived out of state.

The fact of the matter is then entire country can watch this game if they want to.

WA is getting it in HD isn't it?

Latest posts