Aaron Witt flips to Wisconsin

I was going to mention him.

Witt probably realized the depth at DE and may be an uphill battle. Well, he switched to a home state school, nothing new I guess.
Except that Winona is in Minnesota. It's on the Mississippi perhaps 30 miles north of LaCrosse.

It's possible, but not probable, that he lives on the Wisconsin side of the river. But this isn't like the 1970's. Kids in Wisconsin from Dickeyville on down would flock by the dozens to Dubuque Wahlert and were key players on many of Wahlert's state tournament basketball teams

Wahlert was, and of course still is, a Catholic school. There would have to be other loopholes in place today for a Wisconsin kid to go to an Iowa or Minnesota high school.

Last edited:
He went from Minnesota to Iowa (we didn't seem to have any problem with that) to Wisconsin. Critiquing him for his move to Wisconsin but being okay with him leaving Minnesota to Iowa - the inconsistency would make you a perfect candidate for the NCAA committee on deciding which transfers get to play immediately and which transfers don't.

He went from Minnesota to Iowa (we didn't seem to have any problem with that) to Wisconsin. Critiquing him for his move to Wisconsin but being okay with him leaving Minnesota to Iowa - the inconsistency would make you a perfect candidate for the NCAA committee on deciding which transfers get to play immediately and which transfers don't.

I don't think most people have an issue with flipping from Iowa to his "dream school". I think most people have an issue with a kid who's committed to 3 schools in less than a year....

I don't think most people have an issue with flipping from Iowa to his "dream school". I think most people have an issue with a kid who's committed to 3 schools in less than a year....
This group of people? On this website? Is there some secret forum I'm not privy to?

How about this: A kid from Iowa commits to WI. Then he is recruited by Iowa. He flips to Iowa and says that had always been his dream school and he wants to play in his home state.
Boy. That is really weird.

Wisconsin was Welch's dream school as well but he never got the offer from the home state school.

You never know how it's going to work out.

I think we're all glad D Nixon didn't flip............

I had at least a 20" or better walleye on this spring. Once close to the boat and one flip later he was gone.
Funny thing is awhile later I caught a couple ranging in the 16-18" . Had forgotten all about that bigger one that day. Wasn't mine till I got him on the stringer.

If Wisconsin was his dream offer then so be it. We were happy to flip him from Minnesota and it appears most of us realize this and aren't being hypocritical. He was what, our 5th best DL recruit? It's not a huge loss by any means. Hope things work out well for the kid and now we can use that scholarship on someone else.

If he grew up in Minnesota and didn't go for rowing a leaky boat, Iowa was probably an escape route for him. But the closest winning school would be Wisky and he may have been a big fan of theirs even though he lived in Minnesota.

If I were an Illinois fan I'd be pissed that we were never picked or flipped from. Must really suck to be them.

anytime someone visits Iowa, gets and offer then flips to another school, you know damned well that someone gave them cash.

Not sure but he has a brother by a different father. His brother is named half witt. OK, I'm sorry for that. When you get old you set around and dream these things up.

LMAO, sitting here at the Jimmy Johns waiting for my sandwich trying not to laugh too hard.

Latest posts