Aaron White's Legacy

Foval21

Has Aaron changed how iowa fans will view his career?

I personally always ways thought of him as a garbage man and love watching players like him but rarely do you think of them as go to guys or greatest players. This stretch of his senior year I am starting to think he had been coached to defer to players and not look for his offense in the half court.

basically my opinion of his greatness is changing or has changed. Wish we had deferred to him last year.

He is really blossoming as a guy who now wants the ball, and has become a vocal leader. This team lacked that last couple of years.

I always thought he was more of a garbage man as well (very good garbage man). However, Over the last half season he has changed my mind. He has improved his jump shot greatly and has become a huge threat to the opposing team. Hope he can keep it up against Gonzaga.

How many points is he at now? Never gonna catch marble but creating some space between he and earl. Also, gotta be close to Horton in rebounds. I'll prob just find it myself quick and post again.

After last night's 26pt, 6reb, 3/3 ft, white is now at 1840 pts, 14 reb from kunnert for #2 with 900 reb, and now tied for 3rd all time in big ten made fts. That's one of the greatest for sure.

Honestly, he has been one of my favorites and one I have been watching since his freshman year and a dunk he had in a game at Wisconsin that year. We started watching the game and I told my brother-in-law "watch this guy, he is going to be good". With that said, I think he has stopped throwing up wilder shots lately trying to get the acting foul to shoot freethrows. He is much better when he plays strong, like he has been recently.

All time great, not really sure how anyonr can argue with that. Imo, You can't be top 3 in 3 stat catagories(likely finish top 2 in two categories #1 in one, and top ten in another) in school history and not be in the conversation of top 5 players all time for Iowa.

After last night's 26pt, 6reb, 3/3 ft, white is now at 1840 pts, 14 reb from kunnert for #2 with 900 reb, and now tied for 3rd all time in big ten made fts. That's one of the greatest for sure.

I'm stealing this from a post by Olivecourt at BHGP:

Scoring:
1. Roy Marble ~1 million points
2. A-Aron 1,840
3. Acie Earl 1,779
4. Greg Stokes 1,768

Field Goals made:
t-5. Armstrong 583
t-5. Gingervitis 583
7. Settles 581
8. King 573

FG attempts
10. 1,186 Settles
?. 1,129 Dunk L’Orange
(I list this one to note that one of Iowa’s all-time leading scorers will almost certainly not be top-10 in FG attempts. That’s crazy.)

Rebounds
1. Brunner 990
2. Kunnert 914
3. Ginja Ninja 901
4. Horton 877

Steals
9. Jim Bartels 155
10. Mon’ter Glasper 154
?. Orange wedding 146

Games Played
1. White 139
2. McCabe 137

To me it's pretty simple, he committed to a program that had won 49 games the four previous years combined, his career will end in a big game in the NCAA tournament. He was the cornerstone of the program rebuild.

He has moved into the top 10 for me.

If he wins tomorrow, he is top 5.

If he punks Alford, he is the best ever.

Latest posts