Aaron White 101: How an unlikely star helped revive Iowa basketball

Outstanding! Thanks for posting here. So much information I did not know about Iowa's favorite ginger.

I went to HS with Grace's parents, and her uncle was one of my best friends. I now forgive my buddy being a total ND homer (hey, his dad and half his siblings went there, what could you expect).

AW is THE feel-good story and it's getting easier to forget the Lickliter Era. And to think many of us thought the success of the Fran Era was his getting Basabe to come here (Melsahn was a great kid, but his career vs. AW is not a contest).

If AW is not 1st Team All-B1G, something is wrong with voters. Playing as well as anyone in the league right now, Kaminsky included.

Loved that article. It's always nice to get alittle more insight to a kid and see what makes them tick. We are the lucky ones that he came to Iowa. What a great guy. And I wouldn't fully rule him out on getting in the NBA. If Ryan Bowen was able to carve out a nitch for awhile I don't see why he couldn't. I think it's a long shot but hey I'm not betting against this guy.

AW is obviously as good as he is because he's spent four years emulating Mr. Tuttle over there at UNI.

Sorry. I found it sort of funny.

I did at first as well... Then the thought of Fairfax or the other trolls hijacking this thread came to my mind. Let's try and keep this on topic and not add more fuel to the fire that seems impossible to stop. Perhaps I just made it worse for replying... I guess you just can't stop the little buggers from infecting this site directly or indirectly.

Great read, thanks for posting HawkWT. I'll be honest in saying I have been critical of his development at points in the past but have always enjoyed what he brings to the table on and off the court. Hopefully he has more than a handful of games left in a Hawkeye uniform!

Trolls just remind me how fortunate I am to be content with my life :cool:

I'll take a team of Aaron White's and Gabe Olaseni's any day!!

I did at first as well... Then the thought of Fairfax or the other trolls hijacking this thread came to my mind. Let's try and keep this on topic and not add more fuel to the fire that seems impossible to stop. Perhaps I just made it worse for replying... I guess you just can't stop the little buggers from infecting this site directly or indirectly.

Great read, thanks for posting HawkWT. I'll be honest in saying I have been critical of his development at points in the past but have always enjoyed what he brings to the table on and off the court. Hopefully he has more than a handful of games left in a Hawkeye uniform!

Every troll post out to be labeled with an icon of a guy sitting in his mom's basement eating Cheetos, so we can know ahead of time to avoid reading them.

As a fan(atic), I often get critical and cynical in my selfish greed for W's. It's a good "appreciation reboot" to read about these players' personal journey.

Most impressed with his mature perspective on life as a young man. I'm more than twice his age and still sometimes struggle to act half of it.

Much respect and admiration to you, Aaron White! Wish I could be there to cheer my praise and appreciation for your Hawkeye career!!

Now ... go b!tch slap those purple ******* back to their lower-tier place in line and then go claim your rightful spot at #2 in points and boards over the next 3 weeks.

Let's remember this story when we hear Iowa coaches, regardless of sport, talk about recruiting kids with good character, who care about graduating, and who have a great work ethic. AW is THE model.