A Three Day Hangover: My Take on Iowa-CMU

GhostofBTT

Banned
Things get away from us from time to time. Sometimes, you want to hit happy hour with the boys, and a few drinks after work suddenly transforms into a rejected sequel for “The Hangoverâ€. What was supposed to be leisurely and pleasant, results in you waking up some place you don’t recognize with the taste of diesel fuel in your mouth and a deuce and a half face down three feet away.

And sometimes you have a bad day and Iowa loses to Central Michigan.

What can we say about this coaching staff? My theory that KOK was not the disease, but was the cure, is coming more true by the day. Sure, the guy was a pasty, weird-looking zero who had no business running an offense, but who knows what kind of crap he was able to talk Kurt out of? Say what you will about him as a QB coach, but at least VandenFavre didn’t throw the ball 1,000mph on every -2 yard swing pass to wide receivers. What’s that, KOK didn’t dial up a ton of -2 yard swing passes to receivers? If it worked for Colt McCoy, it should work for VandenFavre, they’re basically the same guy.

While we’re crapping on coaches, why hasn’t Brain told CJF to start playing like Rob Gronkowski? I mean, Brain coached Gronk to be the greatest TE in the history of Earf, and he can’t spare the time to teach that gorilla how to get open against a 5’9†defensive back? Is it because Brain spends too much time on Twitter? Time to cut him off Kurt.

You know, I’d be embarrassed to be a Hawk fan after they lose to CMU, if anyone really cared Iowa lost to CMU. Maybe a few wiseass ISU fans, but I am sure they are holding their tongues because they know they’re going to get theirs soon. Silver lining, it was not the most embarrassing loss in the BoneG all week; Illinois lost by like 30 to a WAC team. Looks like Illinois is learning the hard way that maybe you’re better off with your inept coach than firing him and replacing him with some loser from the MAC after your top 5 choices turn you down. Can you imagine a game between Iowa and Illinois this year? I don’t think even I would watch that. Still though, it would still get better ratings than all ISU games combined.

My new motto going forward is going to be “Even when the Hawks lose, Ghost still winsâ€. Because frankly, watching Iowa fans deal with a difficult situation is an immensely entertaining situation. My favorite example, listening to the end of the game on the radio broadcast. Usually it is insulting to your intelligence to sit and listen to Dolph and Eddy explain that James VandenFarve is usually a composed quarterback, and he usually doesn’t get startled and throw the ball off his guard on one hop. But this week, Eddy went full Santo.

He got mad. He started calling out the players and coaches. While Gary had the outlook of “Well, a pretty good CMU team is making a game of thisâ€, Ed was more like “WTF, how does this even happen?†I assume afterwards, Barry Garta had to take him to the Learfield Dungeon, where, like in the movie Roots, he is whipped until he admitted CMU was a great team and Iowa has a good chance going into the BoneG.

For those of you who want Kurt fired, I understand you, I really do. For those of you who demand Kurt be fired, SFTU and join us in reality. So you’re tired of Kurt and you want him fired, why doesn’t Barta just do it? Well professor, if you’re tired of your wife, just divorce her and go bone Kate Upton instead. The latter is more likely than the former. If you don’t understand why, you’re either really stupid, or possibly really ugly.

In closing, I don’t feel the need to cheer anyone up, because I don’t think you can be. You have become numb to failure, and going forward, I doubt we have a freakout like we saw this week. After then, it’s just football. Until Basketball season. When we lose our first basketball game to a crappy team at home, you’ll probably freakout again. And the Ghost will win.

The basketball program is on the upswing and Fran has nothing in common with Captain Obvious. Other than that, it's a great article that belongs on the main page.

thumbnail.aspx

The basketball program is on the upswing and Fran has nothing in common with Captain Obvious. Other than that, it's a great article that belongs on the main page.

Petition teh Boss. My ultimate goal is to end up on the main page. I feel like I provide as much as Hawkeye Game Film and Clauss.

This is only post game analysis I read.

Haven't read much on here the whole week, mostly to avoid reading all "the sky is falling, bench this guy, fire teh coaches, penalties, blah, blah derp...(that and the phone app(?) is a ***** to reload every page so easier to avoid altogether)...Nonetheless, Ghost has been on a role lately with these hangover analysis'...Not much more needs to be said or read..spot on.

Maybe he should blog on BHGP

I'm not prepared to sink that low just yet. My thinking is: Why do the sports takes and Le Chuckle Hut have to be separate entities? I mean, for God's sake, if the football team isn't going to take the game seriously, why are we expected to?

I'm not prepared to sink that low just yet. My thinking is: Why do the sports takes and Le Chuckle Hut have to be separate entities? I mean, for God's sake, if the football team isn't going to take the game seriously, why are we expected to?

Welp, it's because some take their sports more seriously than others and don't like it when Ponies and meme's come between them and serious message threads. I think they can co exist peacefully myself.

Welp, it's because some take their sports more seriously than others and don't like it when Ponies and meme's come between them and serious message threads. I think they can co exist peacefully myself.

Do you have any idea how hard it is for me NOT to litter these articles with memes? One does not become as acclaimed and celebrated feature writer like myself by playing to a niche audience.

Latest posts