A telling quote from Kaz-

hawkdrummer1

Here's verification (in my opinion) of what many of us have been saying. This is an interview quote from Coach Kaz on a Husker site. Subtle, yet telling.

Iowa was a great place, and Kirk Ferentz is a first-class guy, and in my opinion a hall of fame coach," Kaczenski said Friday after Nebraska's practice. "But to grow as a coach on the defensive side of the football, I don't think there's a better mind in football to learn from (than Pelini)."

He sees the stagnation as well...and that's why he's moving on.

Perhaps moving along wasn't his choice, if you know what I mean.

This is quite possibly a face-saving quote, along with the earlier one regarding recruiting with a brand.

What did Kaz do for the Hawks that will be missed? He was a screamer, I'll give you that.

I think he sees there is no upward mobility option for him at Iowa with the DC job now open, that along with KF having talked with him about cooling it a bit. Dont have to worry about that with Bo. Kaz knew he wasn;t getting the DC job, and had already been carpeted a few times by KF. Time to go

Bielema left, and he's had a lot of success. Alvarez left and eventually won two Rose Bowls.

Not sure I would take the word of him as gospel as I think there were some bad feelings on both sides and the realization that he was not going to move up

Here's verification (in my opinion) of what many of us have been saying. This is an interview quote from Coach Kaz on a Husker site. Subtle, yet telling.Iowa was a great place, and Kirk Ferentz is a first-class guy, and in my opinion a hall of fame coach," Kaczenski said Friday after Nebraska's practice. "But to grow as a coach on the defensive side of the football, I don't think there's a better mind in football to learn from (than Pelini)."He sees the stagnation as well...and that's why he's moving on.

Your assessment is solid Jon. The opportunities for Kaz at Iowa were capped, for several reasons. Among them, the lack of growth and change within the staff.

While I like the family analogy (stability), an organization (and coaching staff/football program) is also a living organism. It has to grow, develop and yes...change...or it dies. And the last couple years have looked more like a dying organism than one that's thriving and growing.

Who cares about "Kaz". He's gone and will not be missed, in the grand scheme of things. The Good Ship Iowa Football will blunder forward without him, I am quite sure.
Bye-bye, "kaz", enjoy being spit on by little Bo peepshow.

Our DLine played better last night without Kaz than they did all year. I think that says a lot. Also, he has run out too many good players. Go to Nebby and treat players like crap. Bye and a lateral move to Nebby --- I think it is a blessing that he is gone and I don't think anyone on the current staff was trying to keep him in IC.

Our DLine played better last night without Kaz than they did all year. I think that says a lot. Also, he has run out too many good players. Go to Nebby and treat players like crap. Bye and a lateral move to Nebby --- I think it is a blessing that he is gone and I don't think anyone on the current staff was trying to keep him in IC.

agree. he'll fit in perfectly in NE.

Plenty of coaches have left Iowa and done just fine. Snyder, Stoops, Stoops, McCarney, Alvarez, Beilema, I am sure this guy will do just fine and so will Iowa without him.

I just don't see much of a need to turn on the guy. I just hope we can start recruiting a lot better. I used to think recruiting was over-rated, but after watching this year's team and how anemic were with lack of athletic ability, we need better players and a couple of young, energetic assistant coaches that can resonate with young players in their living rooms is badly needed in Iowa City.

Especially Daniels, he came to play last night.

I am going to guess you think the warm weather today in Iowa is a telling sign of the state of Iowa football. I think you see a lot of stuff that confirms what you believe.

Here's verification (in my opinion) of what many of us have been saying. This is an interview quote from Coach Kaz on a Husker site. Subtle, yet telling.

Iowa was a great place, and Kirk Ferentz is a first-class guy, and in my opinion a hall of fame coach," Kaczenski said Friday after Nebraska's practice. "But to grow as a coach on the defensive side of the football, I don't think there's a better mind in football to learn from (than Pelini)."

He sees the stagnation as well...and that's why he's moving on.

Or is it that you are seeing what you want to see from that quote? As has already been said before, he knew he wasn't going to get promoted and was probably hurt by it, so he moved on. Sorry, but he has to take responsibility for some of the failures on the defense. Only if he was getting the most out of his players can he say that and I don't think he did.

Alverez was a defensive coach at Iowa back in the day. So, I think that's what he is referring to...just the fact that he is a coach that was at Iowa at one point that went on to do well after Iowa. And it was actually 3 Rose Bowls that Alverez ended up winning.

The word on this guy is (and this is just word-of-mouth form Hawkeye fans) is that he is an ******* and I don't think that Kirk saw eye-to-eye with him. Sounds like the move was a mutual decision.

Stagnant personal growth, want a different climate, upcoming staff changes, possible bad feelings, see better opportunity, etc............no one ever changes employers for any of these reasons. ;)

He moves on, we move on. Being sour grapes about it is childish.

Latest posts