A tale of two football programs...

Just wait...I would predict that over the next several years the Cyclowns will be as good as the Hawks...they have a coach that's willing to mix it up and who the kids really want to play with because "he's so proud" lol

Jeebus people, enough with the jealousy. I'm starting to think ISU isn't the school with the little brother syndrom.

Wasn't it just two years ago that Iowa beat the #5 team on the road? Or 3 years ago Iowa had a similar game and beat the #3 team at home? Wasn't it just two years ago that Iowa went to the Orange Bowl and finished #7 in the nation? Wasn't it just last year that Iowa dominated the #5 team in the country 37-6, to hand them their only loss of the regular season?

Get a grip. Holy ****.

Jeebus people, enough with the jealousy. I'm starting to think ISU isn't the school with the little brother syndrom.

Wasn't it just two years ago that Iowa beat the #5 team on the road? Or 3 years ago Iowa had a similar game and beat the #3 team at home? Wasn't it just two years ago that Iowa went to the Orange Bowl and finished #7 in the nation? Wasn't it just last year that Iowa dominated the #5 team in the country 37-6, to hand them their only loss of the regular season?

Get a grip. Holy ****.

no doubt. be a bandwagon fan, but when you start comparing yourself to little bro...you've got serious issues.

Get a grip. Holy ****.

Post of the day.

Get a grip. Holy ****.

Yep...keep your head buried firmly in the sand...always a good strategy instead of casting a critical eye on the situation. So, last year we finish 8-5, this year we are staring down 7-5 (maybe), next year (everyone on this board has conceded) should be worse than this year and you don't see a trend? At the same time ISU has improved steadily each year becoming much more competitive and this year to cap it off they beat us. You can play in pretend world all you want and convince yourself that everything is fine with Iowa football and i'll live in reality where we've lost to both ISU and Minny this year.

You can't ignore the obvious.

Right now....and be honest....which fan base is excited and which program's future looks the brightest?

I'm not jealous of ISU (they are still unlikely to ever win a Big 12 conference title or even go to a BCS bowl game)....I am frustrated with my beloved Hawkeyes.

Oh no the sky is falling!! as Hawkeye fans now is the time to hop on a bandwagon.... It's college football there is always going to be rebuilding and down years. Everyone calls for heads and acts like our program is falling apart, really? Reality is calling pick up the phone please.

Oh no the sky is falling!! as Hawkeye fans now is the time to hop on a bandwagon.... It's college football there is always going to be rebuilding and down years. Everyone calls for heads and acts like our program is falling apart, really? Reality is calling pick up the phone please.

Maybe you should take the call!

Yep...keep your head buried firmly in the sand...always a good strategy instead of casting a critical eye on the situation. So, last year we finish 8-5, this year we are staring down 7-5 (maybe), next year (everyone on this board has conceded) should be worse than this year and you don't see a trend? At the same time ISU has improved steadily each year becoming much more competitive and this year to cap it off they beat us. You can play in pretend world all you want and convince yourself that everything is fine with Iowa football and i'll live in reality where we've lost to both ISU and Minny this year.

I'm sorry, what were you saying again?

All I read was "blah blah blah, I'm a jealous little man."

Yeah...because it's terrible to want your program to succeed. How dare you criticize Iowa football and want them to do really well.

You're a joke

Haha. We had the LEAST RETURNING STARTERS IN THE B1G this year and still have a legit shot at going 8-4 and to a good bowl game.

What were you expecting this year with what we had coming back?

Winning down the stretch would put us at 9-4. It's not implausible that could happen. You and others on here also seem to think that losing 6...count them 6 3 year starters shouldn't be anything more than a speed bump on the road to a Big 10 title. Whose head is really in the sand?

Winning down the stretch would put us at 9-4. It's not implausible that could happen. You and others on here also seem to think that losing 6...count them 6 3 year starters shouldn't be anything more than a speed bump on the road to a Big 10 title. Whose head is really in the sand?

Oh man, come on now, why did you have to bring logic into this conversation!

We all know that KF sucks, the football team is doomed forever, there's absolutely no talent infusion making its way back into the program, and that ISU's win jumped them up to the #1 team in the state.

Latest posts