A suggestion for Jon

HawkeyeTech

Someone else has probably already suggested this, but any time someone starts a thread to dis a Hawkeye player because they think the player isn't good enough to play, the thread should be deleted immediately and the poster banned. These are young men doing their best and their best is evidently good enough for the coaches. These attacks are unnecessary and cruel. Enjoy the victory and STFU.

2ebwwo0.jpg

Someone else has probably already suggested this, but any time someone starts a thread to dis a Hawkeye player because they think the player isn't good enough to play, the thread should be deleted immediately and the poster banned. These are young men doing their best and their best is evidently good enough for the coaches. These attacks are unnecessary and cruel. Enjoy the victory and STFU.

^^ Good point. There is nothing wrong with discussing some areas a player can improve or where they have great success. These players want to improve but they are all trying very hard.

I hate tattle tales. Cindy Brady learned not to do it, and so should you. Jon can run his show the way he wants. If your delicate sensibilities have been offended, then go away. Being criticized is a part of big time athletics. I try to refrain from it myself, especially in written form, but calling for bans because someone expresses an opinion reeks of fascism.

There are already rules in place against this. But since Jon has horrible judgement when it comes to picking mods, he has decided to have none. When you have no mods you end up with player bashing threads and clone trolls.........

I hate tattle tales. Cindy Brady learned not to do it, and so should you. Jon can run his show the way he wants. If your delicate sensibilities have been offended, then go away. Being criticized is a part of big time athletics. I try to refrain from it myself, especially in written form, but calling for bans because someone expresses an opinion reeks of fascism.

boys, this is how you know someone is a troll. also, someone who obviously doesn't know what fascism is.

Jon has the rule in writing in the "forum rules" section. He just can't be everywhere.

Its called respect, not delicate sensibilities.

There are already rules in place against this. But since Jon has horrible judgement when it comes to picking mods, he has decided to have none. When you have no mods you end up with player bashing threads and clone trolls.........
I've always thought you would make a great mod.

I don't like player bashing. I also don't like coded slams on posters. Let's ban you to set an example for all.

5) Intentionally misspelling profanity so that it evades our profanity filters may result in a ban.

but seriously in response....

Having lived around Iowa football players in my freshman/sophomore years at Iowa and being around some of the basketball players growing up.....

I mean I know what Jon doesn't want... he doesn't want recruits being turned off by message boards and that is totally intelligent - I try to temper what I say in the spirit of that.

But there isn't much more ignorant and lacking perspective then people who "feel sorry" for division 1 athletes and that their feelings might get hurt.

These guys are gods... believe me I witnessed it.

They feel sorry for you road crossing guide guy who wrote this thread.... trust me on this.

Your concern is so cosmically flawed.

Sorry Mrs. Mccabe

The biggest thing folks can do to 'help' is to email me a direct link to an offending thread. My email is plastered all over this place. It's better than PM'ing me. There is a #YY by every post, in the upper right hand corner. That is a link to that specific post. Copy and paste the link of the offending post and email me. I will look at it

Latest posts