A small rumor making the rounds

Van Coleman runs a website called Hoopmasters.com: Basketball recruiting information from the foremost authorities Van Coleman's Hoopmasters. He is very well connected to midwest recruiting...really nice guy too.

So he makes his money selling his knowledge to colleges and universities? Rating players, etc?

Who would pay for that site besides coaches?

If he can help I am all about it. I am from CR and didn't know much about him, other than Jon's KXNO interviews.

To be fair to Lickliter, I believe he reached out to Tom Davis and former players early on in the process. He may not have specifically embraced Van but he certainly attempted to connect with some of the Hawkeyes of the past.

I think Coleman is based in Stanwood ... at least he was when I was in college in the 90s ... my roomy at UI knew him personally and also worked for him on occasion ... if there is a better local resource available to a new Hawkeye hoops coach, I can't imagine who it'd be (Mr. Davis?)

To be fair to Lickliter, I believe he reached out to Tom Davis and former players early on in the process. He may not have specifically embraced Van but he certainly attempted to connect with some of the Hawkeyes of the past.
Hmm. Interesting to imagine how that conversation may have gone. If Davis wasn't interested in being involved, was he in Lickliter's Doghouse? Or was it because every night is a Senior Night for Mr. Davis?

Hmm. Interesting to imagine how that conversation may have gone. If Davis wasn't interested in being involved, was he in Lickliter's Doghouse? Or was it because every night is a Senior Night for Mr. Davis?
Anybody know....has Barta or anyone from the athletic dept. been in contact with Mr. Davis? Is he completely disconnected from the UofI? Still lives in the same place??

I think you can fairly rag on Lick for not making recruiting connections with AAU guys and Van Coleman types, and maybe some specific ex-hawkeyes, but I think he also made a very concerted effort to include Mr. Davis and many ex hawkeyes in what he was doing. I remember one article about how Mr. Davis was a regular at practices. I also remember Acie Earl not being too happy about Lick, I don't recall why.

Latest posts