A Rose Bowl win could mean a ranking as high as #3

uihawk82

There are some real naysayers on the site concerning the importance of the Rose Bowl. Some dismiss the importance about the hawks to the pundits.

But the national pundits will talk about the hawks a lot of if they win. The hawks are not playing a patsie as you know.

The two teams that lose in the semifinals could drop behind a winning hawk team in the standings.

A good win by the hawks could leave them ranked 3rd, man that is THIRD in the polls and rankings.

So dont say this isnt an important game, enough said.

Even a ranking as high as # 2 if the semifinal losers lose big and the loser of the CFP Champ Game gets blown out.

There are some real naysayers on the site concerning the importance of the Rose Bowl. Some dismiss the importance about the hawks to the pundits.

But the national pundits will talk about the hawks a lot of if they win. The hawks are not playing a patsie as you know.

The two teams that lose in the semifinals could drop behind a winning hawk team in the standings.

A good win by the hawks could leave them ranked 3rd, man that is THIRD in the polls and rankings.

So dont say this isnt an important game, enough said.

Ignore them,their the same ones that want our coaches fired.Besides it's Christmas Eve so that brings the Scrooges out.

Even a ranking as high as # 2 if the semifinal losers lose big and the loser of the CFP Champ Game gets blown out.

The only way I see Iowa coming in at #2 is if Michigan State dominates both opponents and Iowa does likewise with Stanford. At that they might even need a little help with Wisconsin, Northwestern, Nebraska and Minnesota turning in some wins. Not too likely.

To think that a solid Rose Bowl win would propel the Hawks to a #3 ranking is an awesome thought and one that we Hawk fans feel is deserved. (I know I do). You may be right and I hope you are but keeping in mind all the media bias out there all year, I don't see any way we rise above any of the 4 playoff teams, even with a solid win in the Rose.
As much as I dislike the Tackling Dantonis O , we need them to not lay an egg in the playoff for us to finish in the top 5, even with a win.

The end result relies on the outcome of the other bowl games. If Sparty dismantles Alabama then Iowa is going to be watched even more closely Friday evening. The Hawkeyes need a convincing win against Stanford. Iowa will be in the top 5 if those two things happen. If Sparty wins it all then, yes, I could see Iowa as high as number 3.

Top 4 with a win, somewhere in the Top 10 with a close loss; could drop out of the top 10 with a blowout loss. A Rose Bowl win would be huge

Teams outside the playoff shouldn't jump teams inside, unless it would be an absolute blowout kind of like the 59-0 or whatever OSU schalackin in the Big Ten Title game a compel years back.

Latest posts