A-Rob

Robberty

I realize this is a ridiculous comparison, but for some reason I think of Barry Sanders when I see A-Rob run.

I swear his feet go wop wop wop wop

guess i never heard that sound during the games last year

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kwg65EcDAw&feature=related]YouTube - The Sanders Montage[/ame]

i think the opening scene says enough

I realize this is a ridiculous comparison, but for some reason I think of Barry Sanders when I see A-Rob run.

I swear his feet go wop wop wop wop

Completely ridiculous.

However, A-Rob does deserve more props than he gets from Iowa fans. ARob actually kinda reminds me of Albert Young. He runs with a surprising amount of strength given his size and he appears to have pretty decent vision. AY was arguably more versatile ... however, I think that A-Rob has a better upside than most folks think.

And, BTW, comparing him to AY is intended to be quite a compliment too.

I don't think that the comparison to Russell is as accurate because Russell was much more shifty and good bit quicker too. However, Russell didn't run with nearly the power than ARob runs with.

Completely ridiculous.

However, A-Rob does deserve more props than he gets from Iowa fans. ARob actually kinda reminds me of Albert Young. He runs with a surprising amount of strength given his size and he appears to have pretty decent vision. AY was arguably more versatile ... however, I think that A-Rob has a better upside than most folks think.

I agree 100%

Completely ridiculous.

And, BTW, comparing him to AY is intended to be quite a compliment too.

I don't think that the comparison to Russell is as accurate because Russell was much more shifty and good bit quicker too. However, Russell didn't run with nearly the power than ARob runs with.

Homer, as I've often said, I'm an Adam Robinson Homer myself, so I appreciate what you say here. It seems like a large majority of the fans can't accept he may be our best back, at least in certain aspects of the game (interior, prototypical B10 offense rushing). It's as if b/c we have players who were more highly recruited, from more exotic locales than a DSM school, he can only really ever be second fiddle, that we "settle" for him.

I have seen Jon discuss this issue, and IIRC he said the competition to be #2 behind Shonn Greene was extremely close between AR and JH, and the choice of Hampton had more to do with picking up schemes than talent level. But to read Hawkeye fans on these boards, JH has elite potential while AR is a ham-n-egger. I hope JH is fully healed (though I have my doubts he can be the same RB after 1 yr that he was 2 yrs ago) and these guys push each other the next 3 yrs, w/ BW, Coker, et al. pushing, too. I'm a Hawk fan first. But I think AR had an outstanding year last year, all things considered, and deserves more recognition as a solid B10 athlete. Maybe people don't realize he was 4th in the B10 in rushing last year in only 11 games, and didn't fumble even once. And he had zero collegiate carries to start '09.

Show him some love, Hawkeye Nation!!

Why is it ridiculous to compare ARob to one of the greatest running backs of all time? Other than there being about zero similarities i dont see what the problem is.

Homer, as I've often said, I'm an Adam Robinson Homer myself, so I appreciate what you say here. It seems like a large majority of the fans can't accept he may be our best back, at least in certain aspects of the game (interior, prototypical B10 offense rushing). It's as if b/c we have players who were more highly recruited, from more exotic locales than a DSM school, he can only really ever be second fiddle, that we "settle" for him.

I have seen Jon discuss this issue, and IIRC he said the competition to be #2 behind Shonn Greene was extremely close between AR and JH, and the choice of Hampton had more to do with picking up schemes than talent level. But to read Hawkeye fans on these boards, JH has elite potential while AR is a ham-n-egger. I hope JH is fully healed (though I have my doubts he can be the same RB after 1 yr that he was 2 yrs ago) and these guys push each other the next 3 yrs, w/ BW, Coker, et al. pushing, too. I'm a Hawk fan first. But I think AR had an outstanding year last year, all things considered, and deserves more recognition as a solid B10 athlete. Maybe people don't realize he was 4th in the B10 in rushing last year in only 11 games, and didn't fumble even once. And he had zero collegiate carries to start '09.

and he had to split the carries on top of that and he was still 4th in the B10

He's not Barry Sanders, but he sees the field very very well. He is also very shifty and seems to have a good feel for timing his runs and waiting for his blockers.

He also seems to know how to get that extra yard or two as he's being tackled.

He gave us his heart and soul last year. Ran as hard as any RB I've seen at Iowa and was banged up throughout the season. Most importantly he's yet to fumble the football. It's going to be fun to see what he can do this year.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjEndITnEtI]YouTube - Adam Robinson Highlights[/ame]

This isn't true about JH and AR. It was JH and Jeff Brinson, but Brinson had breathing issues, then a foot issue. AR was not considered. He was luckily discovered last year.

^^I don't think you are correct about it being Brinson. But I can't speak for Jon. I thought Brinson's breathing problems were worse in '08 than last year, which would mean he was more hindered in practice, then, and wouldn't have been as competitive for that spot.

Latest posts