A really good win overall - good start, good 2nd half

uihawk82

But a very strange game, Iowa survived without its best defensive intensity, they had good effort but not like last saturday where they shut off the driving lanes and anticipated passes.

Last 10 minutes of first half seemed like a travel jet lag by the hawks but they fought through it for a really good 2nd half.

A good start overall by the hawks, gesell playing good throughout

Basabe was really active and those two got us off to a good start

Tell me, what were the hawks minutes in the second half?

Seemed like Fran shorted the bench in second half.

We probably played a C+/B- game today and Penn State played well, bringing a lot of energy yet we still put them away late. Another sign of growth from this team and another sign that we are pretty good.

Very good win, every road win is tough and we took care of business. We have consistently beat the mediocre teams this year which is key.

I know its against the 11th place team in the conference but that was a big win. This is exactly the kind of game a Davis or Alford era team would have lost. On the road, against a team with good guards, not their "A" game with some guys banged up/sick and still won it going away.

I know its against the 11th place team in the conference but that was a big win. This is exactly the kind of game a Davis or Alford era team would have lost. On the road, against a team with good guards, not their "A" game with some guys banged up/sick and still won it going away.

There's a lot of conferences where the 11th and 12 teams in this conference would at least be battling for the middle of the pack. Any road win in this conference is good. Any road win in college basketball is good. Road wins over top-100 teams (Penn State could end up as one) are going to help that seeding.

I loved seeing Ohio State as our "worst loss". Hopefully they will still be our worst loss at the end of the year. Is there another team in the country with a better "worst loss" than ours? Other than the undefeated teams of course.

I loved seeing Ohio State as our "worst loss". Hopefully they will still be our worst loss at the end of the year. Is there another team in the country with a better "worst loss" than ours? Other than the undefeated teams of course.

I can think of a certain fan group that happens to like the McDonald's color scheme, who would argue to the death that their team has no bad losses because of their conference's contrived superiority.

Florida, St. Louis and Memphis are the only teams I see in the top 25 that are comparable. St. Louis plays a weaker schedule and Florida is just good. Memphis is probably the most comparable team to us as far as similar losses go but they don't have as many good wins as us.

I don't know who, and I have no idea why we "still have work to do". 6 losses all by single digits, 5 of the 6 teams are ranked currently and two games went overtime. We are in the damned tournament.

I don't know who, and I have no idea why we "still have work to do". 6 losses all by single digits, 5 of the 6 teams are ranked currently and two games went overtime. We are in the damned tournament.

I have accepted that we're dancing and I'm a ******* spaz.

This was a great win actually, Iowa did not play well at all, I mean at all and I didn't really even get too upset about it watching. Iowa has lost at PSU with better teams and PSU having far worse teams.

Iowa continues to not lose to teams they shouldn't and that is what kept them out of the NCAA tournament last year. Keep it up on Tuesday and it is just another notch on the proverbial headboard and a step closer to leaving zero doubt that this team is a 4-Seed.

Florida, St. Louis and Memphis are the only teams I see in the top 25 that are comparable. St. Louis plays a weaker schedule and Florida is just good. Memphis is probably the most comparable team to us as far as similar losses go but they don't have as many good wins as us.

Do you happen to know what the worst losses of the teams you listed are?

Do you happen to know what the worst losses of the teams you listed are?

Florida=UCONN
St. Louis=Wisconsin
Memphis=Oklahoma State, SMU or UCONN. All those losses are worse than Ohio State I would think. They just seem to have a somewhat comparable resume to ours though I think we're way better than them.

Florida=UCONN
St. Louis=Wisconsin
Memphis=Oklahoma State, SMU or UCONN. All those losses are worse than Ohio State I would think. They just seem to have a somewhat comparable resume to ours though I think we're way better than them.

Cool thanks

Very good win, every road win is tough and we took care of business. We have consistently beat the mediocre teams this year which is key.

And I dont know how mediocre PSU is, they have two really good guards and are really only missing one other dynamic player at the 4 or 5 position as newbill plays a big 2 or decent 3.

And I dont know how mediocre PSU is, they have two really good guards and are really only missing one other dynamic player at the 4 or 5 position as newbill plays a big 2 or decent 3.

They're kind of the definition of mediocre. But beating a mediocre team on the road is still impressive.

Latest posts