A Prediction on These Unpredictable Hawkeyes

jameskalina

I predicted Iowa would lose to Michigan State and that's what happened.

At the beginning of the season I also predicted Iowa will be 6-4 going into the Purdue game, as they are, and finish the season with an 8-4 record.

Judging from the returns of this Iowa football team to date, where "will the real Iowa team please stand up", I think this Jekyll and Hyde trend will continue until the end of the season. I predict the Hawks will beat Purdue and Nebraska to finish 8-4.

Take a look at the win lose trend this season. It's win, lose, win, win, lose, win, win, lose, win, lose, ?, ?. It's inconsistent and somewhat unpredictable with Iowa losing to teams the Hawks were favored to beat and beating a favored Michigan team.

I think we finish the regular season with two wins because of the unpredictable nature of this football team.

I know some folks will say I'm drinking the kool aid. I'm thinking why not go against form and say the Hawks win out. The pressure is definitely off. No chance for a division title and bowl eligible. So maybe the Hawks play loose with nothing to lose, become a spoiler of sorts and win the next two games. Stranger things have happened with this Iowa football program.

If things go to form the unpredictable Hawks will reverse that predictable trend and win 2 on the road.

Also, I'm guessing both Purdue and Nebraska will be favored and that is another unpredictable reason Iowa wins the games.

Last edited:
I can't remember the last Iowa game that went anything like I expected it to. I dunno what's going to happen these next two weeks but its not going to be what I think.

You mentioned maybe the hawks will play loose with nothing to lose. I dont know why the hawks should really be uptight and play tight and conservative in most of their games. Iowa overall has not been a top 20 team in the last 60 years so we should be fighting like underdogs most of the time.

This isn't 2008, there is no Mitch King on this team to say ' enough of this, this is b!llsh!t.' This team does not have that type of leadership. They split and back there way into the Gator bowl.

Went to the Fortune Teller and was told that we Will beat Purdue and Nebraska......

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZOAUD11IUY&feature=related]The Rolling Stones - Fortune Teller - YouTube[/ame]

:D

If things go to form the unpredictable Hawks will reverse that predictable trend and win 2 on the road.

Also, I'm guessing both Purdue and Nebraska will be favored and that is another unpredictable reason Iowa wins the games.

Well your "prediction" of Purdue being favored is already shot to hell, the Hawks opened as a 2.5 point favorite.

Honestly I have no idea but that is what the line opened at.

We'll see what the spread is later this week.

Purdue being an underdog at home after coming off a win against OSU and with Iowa's road record to date doesn't make sense.

But being unpredictable I can see the Hawks going in as favorites and unlike the Minnesota and Iowa State games when Iowa was the favorite the Hawks beat Purdue.

I predicted Iowa would lose to Michigan State and that's what happened.

At the beginning of the season I also predicted Iowa will be 6-4 going into the Purdue game, as they are, and finish the season with an 8-4 record.

Judging from the returns of this Iowa football team to date, where "will the real Iowa team please stand up", I think this Jekyll and Hyde trend will continue until the end of the season. I predict the Hawks will beat Purdue and Nebraska to finish 8-4.

Take a look at the win lose trend this season. It's win, lose, win, win, lose, win, win, lose, win, lose, ?, ?. It's inconsistent and somewhat unpredictable with Iowa losing to teams the Hawks were favored to beat and beating a favored Michigan team.

I think we finish the regular season with two wins because of the unpredictable nature of this football team.

I know some folks will say I'm drinking the kool aid. I'm thinking why not go against form and say the Hawks win out. The pressure is definitely off. No chance for a division title and bowl eligible. So maybe the Hawks play loose with nothing to lose, become a spoiler of sorts and win the next two games. Stranger things have happened with this Iowa football program.

I hope your right and I'm wrong but I predrict a 6-6 year which obviously means we lose last two games. Seems like Norms scheme always makes a average QB look like Rogers of Green Bay. I don't see us even coming close at Nebraska which eats me up.

For some reason I feel better about the Nebby game than the Purdue game. Maybe because I have watched a few Neb games and no Purdue games. I think we close out 1-1.

I'm with the guy who says Iowa should always play loose and with nothing to lose. I can't remember any time where they have, though. Maybe 2005 against Minnesota, but Iowa loosening up once a championship is off the table doesn't happen hardly enough to use it as a logical premise. I say probably 0-2:

Purdue: we match up better athletically here, but they will spread us out and I feel like the Hawks will play as tight as we've ever seen them.

Nebraska: we maybe play a LITTLE more aggressively in this one, and it sets up for a classic Norm exit overture as Martinez has quite Nesbitt-esque throwing skills, but I don't think Memorial Stadium is a Vandenberg-friendly environment.

Two close losses if I had to make a pick.

Latest posts