A&M still isn't on board

briankaldenberg

Saving the Big 12 isn't even a done deal yet. A&M still hasn't gotten on board, and there's no T.V. contract.

Is this Texas' way of pinning the blame on A&M, and is the breakup still inevitable?

I'm listening to the Beebe interview on KXNO right now. Like 5 minutes ago he said A&M isn't on board yet, but they're confident.

Then he just said something about Tech not in total agreement yet.

I'm listening to the Beebe interview on KXNO right now. Like 5 minutes ago he said A&M isn't on board yet, but they're confident.

Then he just said something about Tech not in total agreement yet.

No, Tech isn't in agreement either. They really really really wanted to go to the Pac 10 lol.

There is a noun that follows these adjectives, "giant cluster", that pretty much describes the state of affairs in the Big X?? right now. President Geoffrey needs to tell Pollard we gave it our best shot. Let's suffer the consequences of the breakup and live to fight another day. This is outright humiliation.

It's not A&M that isn't on board, it Texas Tech.
Really? Do you have a link? Tech is out there a ways in west Texas. They might like to infiltrate those new markets. UT doesn't care about Tech, all the way out there in Lubbuck.

It TT and there is no NEW contract. The old contract is still in place with the same total payout to only 10 teams.

If I was Tech I'd jump now. It's coming down the pipe sooner or later so they might as well get a head start in their Pac 10 journey.

Texas just doesn't want to be the one blamed for the breakup so they've orchestrated a sick deal for themselves and whoever doesn't say uncle is going to be made out as the bad guy.

I hope Texas Tech bolts.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/news/story?id=5289050
Late Tuesday, Missouri officials said they have not agreed to give up their share of the buyout penalties. This statement was then followed a few paragraphs later by this: Kansas, Kansas State, Baylor, Iowa State and Missouri -- which were in danger of being left homeless if the conference dissolved -- agreed to give up their share in buyout penalties to be paid by Nebraska and Colorado for leaving the league, Beebe said. Really Beebe? Are you sure that all of the schools have agreed to this because it certainly doesn't appear to be factual.

"The Big 12 approached us asking if we would maintain our current agreement through its term of 2015-16, and we agreed," said Josh Krulewitz, vice president for communications for ESPN. So where is this money that Beebe was promising? It doesn't sound like it's coming any time soon. LOL.

And now they want to take the name of the Big10....this just gets funnier every minute.

The Big12 is dying right in front of our eyes. I'm sitting back with a bag of popcorn and enjoying the show.

Does any conference legitamately want TTU without getting the other Texas schools? They arent a huge draw and nothing else about the school is noteworthy

Really? Do you have a link? Tech is out there a ways in west Texas. They might like to infiltrate those new markets. UT doesn't care about Tech, all the way out there in Lubbuck.

It was talked about on Matt and Miller this afternoon, and Dienhard said as much when they had him on. And no, I don't.

Texas says it has 'long-term' commitment to Big 12 - ESPN
Late Tuesday, Missouri officials said they have not agreed to give up their share of the buyout penalties. This statement was then followed a few paragraphs later by this: Kansas, Kansas State, Baylor, Iowa State and Missouri -- which were in danger of being left homeless if the conference dissolved -- agreed to give up their share in buyout penalties to be paid by Nebraska and Colorado for leaving the league, Beebe said. Really Beebe? Are you sure that all of the schools have agreed to this because it certainly doesn't appear to be factual.

"The Big 12 approached us asking if we would maintain our current agreement through its term of 2015-16, and we agreed," said Josh Krulewitz, vice president for communications for ESPN. So where is this money that Beebe was promising? It doesn't sound like it's coming any time soon. LOL.

And now they want to take the name of the Big10....this just gets funnier every minute.

The Big12 is dying right in front of our eyes. I'm sitting back with a bag of popcorn and enjoying the show.

not true. ISU also said they didn't agree to give up their share of buyout penalties during the press conference. It was something about the TV contract/revenue sharing that they agreed to.

Did they mention they would have to give up their radio deal as well as stadium advertising?

not true. ISU also said they didn't agree to give up their share of buyout penalties during the press conference. It was something about the TV contract/revenue sharing that they agreed to.

I remember that when Pollard was asked about that, he mentioned that it was up to the lawyers, and he didn't want to get into specifics.

Latest posts