A Lot of Tickets Left for Saturday

If that's the case, should be nice and easy to pick up a 2nd ticket so a guy can leave at halftime and get back in

I will be at the game on Saturday. We fly into Cedar Rapids later this week from Las Vegas. Took twelve days off work to come back for Thanksgiving with the family.

I’m looking forward to being at the game since this was the only home game I was able to get back for this year.

[QUOTE="Northside Hawk, post: 1897596, member: 82566"]Our local high school has better concessions for football games than Kinnick, and you won't miss half a quarter waiting in line for then either. The grilled pork sandwiches alone are worth the price of admission. Of course it doesn't hurt that the local butcher shop is a big supporter of high school athletics.[/QUOTE]
This. For the life of me I can't understand why they can't get some decent food at the concessions. And someway, somehow, speed up the service so you're not missing half the quarter, as mentioned. I would gladly pay for good food if they would offer it. As it is, I usually eat before I go in and don't bother getting anything from the stadium.

Kirk has had Illinois number going back to the Ron Zook/Juice Williams days. And he has yet ro lose to Lovie in three shots. Our best bet might be to crank up the ground game like we did with Canzeri in '15. That game never felt as close as the score indicated because it felt like we could crank off a ten play 80 yard drive whenever we needed to.

I've seen some really good seats for sale.
If I wasn't so busy (it was nice just to sit in my chair and watch the game last week) I would of snatched a couple up.

The Iowa vs. Illinois game does pretty much determine who gets third place in the West. A win gets Iowa third place over Illinois, even with a loss to Nebraska.

Since the Western Division came into being in 2014, Iowa has had three fourth place finishes (2014, 17, 18), one first (2015), and one second (2016).

Iowa has won its last five games against Illinois. Iowa lost in 2008. The two teams didn't play 2009-2013. Before that Iowa won five consecutive games between 2003-2007. Iowa lost the 1999 & 2000 games.

You can bet the team and coaching staff think this is for something even if the fans are kind of meh about it. Winning out gets Iowa a decent bowl match-up that is probably at their level of play. Beating Illinois contributes to keeping the Illinois & Indiana area recruits coming to Iowa.

Our local high school has better concessions for football games than Kinnick, and you won't miss half a quarter waiting in line for then either. The grilled pork sandwiches alone are worth the price of admission. Of course it doesn't hurt that the local butcher shop is a big supporter of high school athletics.

I agree with this. I got a "burger" pregame vs Penn State and it was a burnt hockey puck. A disgrace to all other burgers. I wish I had taken a photo and sent to Barta.

If the Big Ten want to have two bye weeks and long tv time outs, fine. Offer the fans some heat vents to make it a little more tolerable. They spent all that money on remodeling, then make it more tolerable for the common fan not in club seating.

I understand for the elderly, but for the younger and able, we are getting soft.

If the Big Ten want to have two bye weeks and long tv time outs, fine.

You do understand how calendars work right? I'm assuming not with this asinine statement.

There were two bye weeks this year because there were 14 weeks before conference championship Saturday..................

Tickets are fairly cheap on Stubhub as well, about $30. I hate 11 oclock kickoffs or I'd consider going.

I remember when Minnesota was the last game of the year, right before Thanksgiving. Minnesota was dogshit and Iowa didn't have anything to play for(other than Floyd). Some of those games turned out to be a good time. As I stated before, Iowa will beat Illinois in a close game, in a fun atmosphere. If you have the opportunity, people should go.

Latest posts