A lot of college fan sites talking about Iowa yesterday

JonDMiller

Publisher/Founder
I get updates from around the www in my inbox related to Iowa football...and i noticed threads in Alabama, Texas, USC and other forums yesterday that had Iowa-Indiana threads. Nice to be relevant nationally again

It's very cool...Iowa may not get to the ESPN Title Game, but it's fun to have everyone worried about it happening!

I get updates from around the www in my inbox related to Iowa football...and i noticed threads in Alabama, Texas, USC and other forums yesterday that had Iowa-Indiana threads. Nice to be relevant nationally again

Agreed it's nice to have the Hawks relevant again, but based on other sites I viewed yesterday, most of the discussion revolved around how the B10 officials (calls/replays benefited Hawks) want Iowa to continue it's streak so it could get a better BCS ranking. While I know respect can be earned on the field, there are not a lot of fan bases that respect what the Hawks have done thus far.

Agreed it's nice to have the Hawks relevant again, but based on other sites I viewed yesterday, most of the discussion revolved around how the B10 officials (calls/replays benefited Hawks) want Iowa to continue it's streak so it could get a better BCS ranking. While I know respect can be earned on the field, there are not a lot of fan bases that respect what the Hawks have done thus far.

A lot of comments I've read at the end of various articles mention the refs taking two touchdowns away from Indiana. Since Indiana got a touchdown the play after the first instance, no matter how dubious the second call was I don't see it changing the end result. I didn't see enough to overturn the second call but the best argument I've seen for it was that the ball was moving a bit when he landed. I was too focused on the foot/knee to notice that the first few times I saw the replay and I'm guessing I'm not the only one.

i dont know how anyone can argue the officiating of the game... they have INSTANT REPLAY how much clearer can it get the can slow the play down to a dead stop... look at it from every angle and make a determination....

it seems pretty cut and dry that no play was miss called yesterday... the only ones bring up these ridiculous points are IOWA haters who have a fear of our defense and the unpredictability of the offense.

just let it go... iowa wasn't expected to be in the top 3 of the B10 standings... they have exceeded that and now people are trying to knock them off the block and beat them back to the basement

The refs did not give Iowa almost 500 yards of offense yesterday and they did not hold Indiana to 2 first downs in the second half and 13 for the game, something the pundits forget to mention (or probably don't bother to look up).

Latest posts