A Guide to the Hawks in National Championship!

xdhsgrad2002x

I had some extra time so here is what you need to be cheering for...

These teams to lose...obviously. Toughest remaining game in brackets.

Florida [S. Carloina 11/14]
Alabama [LSU 11/07]
Texas [Oky State 10/31, Kansas 11/21]
Boise State [Nevada 11/27]
USC [Oregon 10/31]
Cinncy [WVU 11/13, Pitt 12/05]
TCU [BYU 10/24]

Also need Illinois and Purdue to lose every game possible, this helps Iowa's SOS.

Arizona, ISU, and Arky State we need to cheer for them to win every game.

It's just that simple :D!

We're fans, we're allowed to dream!

They are the only two teams Iowa doesn't play in the Big Ten, so by default that would make the rest of Iowa's Big Ten opponents records better! Otherwise our Big Ten opponents records will be a wash, if two teams we played play each other, one wins, and one loses. It does not help our opponents winning percentage, it's a wash.

It would just seem to me the key would be for the teams that we have already beaten to win the rest of their games would be more key but thanks for the explanation i gets it now...

They are the only two teams Iowa doesn't play in the Big Ten, so by default that would make the rest of Iowa's Big Ten opponents records better! Otherwise our Big Ten opponents records will be a wash, if two teams we played play each other, one wins, and one loses. It does not help our opponents winning percentage, it's a wash.

minus OOC games. last thing we would want is Illinois to lose there 2 games after everyone in the Big 10 is done.

Just hope for Iowa to win out, Texas to lose a game, and Iowa to look impressive in 2 or 3 games. Another USC loss would be good just in case.
If those events take place, Iowa will play the winner of ALA/FLA for all
the marbles! Go Hawks!

In my opinion why are we thinking of National Championship? we havent even won the big ten yet. The offense has been struggling to be consistent. Once the offense gets to be more consistent then I would be more confident, but until then stop talking about National Championship game.

In my opinion why are we thinking of National Championship? we havent even won the big ten yet. The offense has been struggling to be consistent. Once the offense gets to be more consistent then I would be more confident, but until then stop talking about National Championship game.
Because thats what fans are supposed to do. We aren't the ones on the field playing. Our thoughts of the national championship don't determine the outcomes of the games. Just have some fun and enjoy this season!

Arkansas was so close to knocking off Florida. If Arkansas had not gotten the two bad calls against them it would have been all over for the gators. That would have shaken up the BCS.

I had some extra time so here is what you need to be cheering for...

These teams to lose...obviously. Toughest remaining game in brackets.

Florida [S. Carloina 11/14]
Alabama [LSU 11/07]
Texas [Oky State 10/31, Kansas 11/21]
Boise State [Nevada 11/27]
USC [Oregon 10/31]
Cinncy [WVU 11/13, Pitt 12/05]
TCU [BYU 10/24]

Also need Illinois and Purdue to lose every game possible, this helps Iowa's SOS.

Arizona, ISU, and Arky State we need to cheer for them to win every game.

It's just that simple :D!

We're fans, we're allowed to dream!

I can make it even more simple for you:

All we need is a Texas loss. If Iowa wins out they will jump Boise St and Cincy, and Bama and Florida will play each other giving one of those two a loss.

If Purdue loses out that makes Ohio State look worse and if we beat Ohio State that win look less impressive...

You are looking at it from human perspective not a computer perspective. All the computer does is measure opponents win/loss percentages, no how impressive those are.

I can make it even more simple for you:

All we need is a Texas loss. If Iowa wins out they will jump Boise St and Cincy, and Bama and Florida will play each other giving one of those two a loss.

You have lots of faith about Iowa jumping. I would rather have a for sure thing, then have to base it on who lobbies better in the media (KF is not going to go all Mack Brown).

Iowa is already ahead of everyone except Florida and Alabama in the CPU polls, but have you seen the human polls year to date? They give you faith that Iowa will jump? This is a terrible year as far as human polling goes, and I don't want to put my faith in them.

You have lots of faith about Iowa jumping. I would rather have a for sure thing, then have to base it on who lobbies better in the media (KF is not going to go all Mack Brown).

Iowa is already ahead of everyone except Florida and Alabama in the CPU polls, but have you seen the human polls year to date? They give you faith that Iowa will jump? This is a terrible year as far as human polling goes, and I don't want to put my faith in them.

Iowa is basically tied with Cincy right now for 5th, if Iowa wins tomorrow night I would not be shocked to see them ranked #4 on Sunday when the new BCS rankings come out. With a win they will jump Cincy this week for sure.

If Iowa finishes 12-0 I think things will take care of themselves. If you look at Texas, they aren't as dominant as you would think, and they have a couple of decent teams left to play, plus the Big 12 Championship. By far, they have the easiest route, but with our SOS vs. their SOS, Iowa winning out will have us ahead of Texas in the computer polls and right behind them in the human polls. It would be close. I say root for LSU over Alabama and Alabama/LSU over Florida in the SEC Championship. I think Iowa winning out will be a big enough challenge in itself. Anyone remember a win in Columbus lately? Enough said.

You are looking at it from human perspective not a computer perspective. All the computer does is measure opponents win/loss percentages, no how impressive those are.
I understand what you're saying, but the BCS is not all computers. For example, this week Iowa's average computer ranking in the BCS is 3 however the human polls are holding the Hawks back at 6.