A former Hawk will play in Super Bowl!!

HawkeyeRyno

Banned
After today, we will now have 5 former Hawks playing/on roster in next weekend's conference championship games. Three of the four teams feature Hawks on their roster and contribute significant minutes.

Vikings: Greenway, Young
Jets: Greene
Colts: Clark, Sanders

This GUARANTEES that AT LEAST one former Hawkeye will play in the Super Bowl!!!

To add to this, the 3 that log significant PT (Greenway, Greene and Clark) were either walk-ons or lightly recruited coming out of high school. Sanders (IR) and Young were also lightly recruited. I just think that the fact that we have so many Hawks that shine in the NFL when they aren't blue-chippers demonstrates their work ethic, personality and what playing football for the University of Iowa can do.

I know USC, Forida and OSU have many more athletes in the NFL but they get the top notch talent to begin with. When Iowa produces these players it is far more impressive and goes unnoticed by the national media a lot of times. Just makes me proud to be an Iowan and Hawkeye fan!!

"Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard"

To add to this, the 3 that log significant PT (Greenway, Greene and Clark) were either walk-ons or lightly recruited coming out of high school. Sanders (IR) and Young were also lightly recruited. I just think that the fact that we have so many Hawks that shine in the NFL when they aren't blue-chippers demonstrates their work ethic, personality and what playing football for the University of Iowa can do.

I know USC, Forida and OSU have many more athletes in the NFL but they get the top notch talent to begin with. When Iowa produces these players it is far more impressive and goes unnoticed by the national media a lot of times. Just makes me proud to be an Iowan and Hawkeye fan!!

"Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard"

While Greene was did not have Adrian Peterson's pedigree, he did have offers from Clemson, Wisconsin and Rutgers, as well as Iowa.

I SEEM TO REMEMBER THE NAME BENNIE SAPP'S NAME BEING BROUGHT UP FOR MINNESOTA. ONCE A HAWKEYE, ALWAYS A HAWKEYE.

Do you also claim Pierre Pierce?

Dominique Douglas?

Kyle "Bonecrusher" Williams?

I hope not.

I don't think a drunk fight is the same as any one of these guys. Sapp had his problems, and he was booted from the team for the # of incidents IIRC, but don't compare him to the above. Also, he picked himself up from his troubles and has obviously made something of his 2nd chance, can't say the same for any of the 3 above.

I don't think a drunk fight is the same as any one of these guys. Sapp had his problems, and he was booted from the team for the # of incidents IIRC, but don't compare him to the above. Also, he picked himself up from his troubles and has obviously made something of his 2nd chance, can't say the same for any of the 3 above.

I'll +1 that. Big difference.

Don't include Sapp with those others. Thats just absurd. Young was highly recruited out of HS. He has looked good in his limited opportunities this season and I wouldn't be surprised if he takes over Taylor's spot as the Vikes #2 in the coming years. Chester Taylor is too good of a player to sit behing AP the rest of his career.

I think I'll be pulling for Greene and the Jets to win the Superbowl. can you imagine if he would keep putting up these number through the playoffs? he would have a chance at MVP in the Superbowl. lol

I think I'll be pulling for Greene and the Jets to win the Superbowl. can you imagine if he would keep putting up these number through the playoffs? he would have a chance at MVP in the Superbowl. lol

If he does keep putting up these numbers and they do win the superbowl then he has a shot but i would give it to revis just because of what he has done this season and so far in the playoffs. Revis is just a bad motha.

Latest posts